Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: okay picture of bear in my window

sometimes a big grizzly will come around at night. but they havent bothered anything as i keep all food inside. the black bears do strip my fruit trees if they get there before me. i have lots of chokecherry bushes and they climb and crash around in them. thats one of their primary foods needed before hibernation.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 PM

Good focus. Steady hand. lol. I saw a weird thing the other day. I have seen raccoons occasionally hanging around looking for food in my neighbourhood... but only ever one at a time. Yesterday I was driving down a main road at about 6:00 pm and I saw 4 raccoons (all in a nice liitle row) crosssing from a church yard to a small wooded area.
They were spaced evenly apart and it kind of reminded me of the cover of Abbey Road.
We do get alot of deers in our neighbourhood and if I can get a picture next time I will post it.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:40 PM

raccoons together are a family unit. same with bears
Old 09-12-2007, 11:52 PM

thats a little bear. go out there and kick it in the face itll leave
Old 09-13-2007, 12:43 PM

bears are cute. i live in slovenia in region with lot of bears. they had party one summer, they were comming to my house every day/night and walked around it. they are cute but also kill a lot of people if they feel like it.

BE CAREFUL RAY!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:33 PM

I grew up in Winter Park, Colorado and we always had problems with bears. They are so smart and coordinated they are basically really big people. BBQ'ing was always difficult because the bears would come from really far off to eat our food.

One day I came home from playing golf and the front door had been smashed in. I got out of my car and ran inside to find a bear standing in the kitchen eating out of the fridge. By the time I got there he had eaten half a watermelon, some left over steaks, all of the lunch meat, a package of bacon, and some milk.

When he saw me he looked at me for a few seconds and then went back to eating the watermelon. I went into my bedroom and got my shotgun out. I loaded some shells into it and when I pumped the first shell into the chamber he dropped that watermelon and took off for the front door. He'd obviously heard that sound before.

Over the next few years he would come around the house and dig through our trash and trash cans but that was the last time he ever decided to break in.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM

lubencia

in the united states we have very rarely an attack from a black bear to a person.

grizzly/brown bears do occasionally. very rarely kill anyone, but it happens. our brown bear /grizzly is- ursus horribilus -where your species is -ursus arctos. a less intiminating beat but much more dangerous than a black bear. for a small country you have 400 bears running around it and thats alot.
i am very careful around all wildlife as its their territory first and i am the intruder.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id open the door and try to pet it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2007, 06:29 PM

I hate bears, they opened my cooler and ate a days catch worth of walleye when I was in Canada. Only time I ever actually saw a bear and he's paws deep in my dinner. I'll elevate my food from now on when in bear country.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:59 PM

Actually, a lot of zoologists now classify the grizzly as Ursus arctos horribilis i.e. a subspecies of brown bear. arctos takes precedence under the rules of taxonomy as it was the first species described.