Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Ever had your account cancelled because of chip dumping?

This is my problem. A friend owed me $30 and the only way he could pay me was through Party Poker.

So he transferred $50 to my account and then we sat down on a table (heads up) and I gave him back $20.

After that we played together at a Omaha table for like 1 hour, but we didn't do any team work at all.

I just woke up and I can't log in to Party Poker, I got a message my account was cancelled.

What can I do in this situation? What should I tell them?

I don't want to lose my money, and we didn't do any team work.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Ever had your account cancelled because of chip dumping?

[ QUOTE ]
This is my problem. A friend owed me $30 and the only way he could pay me was through Party Poker.

So he transferred $50 to my account and then we sat down on a table (heads up) and I gave him back $20.

After that we played together at a Omaha table for like 1 hour, but we didn't do any team work at all.

I just woke up and I can't log in to Party Poker, I got a message my account was cancelled.

What can I do in this situation? What should I tell them?

I don't want to lose my money, and we didn't do any team work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhmmm....chip dumping is against the rules...you did it in a very obvious way, if they wanted to allow $30 transfers they would have.

You're not getting anything back. Why didn't you just give him $20 cash.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Why the hell do people think crap like this could possibly be okay?

Do you not put any thought into it at all?

Do you think "Hey, I'm going to do something that looks like I just stole someone's password and am trying to clear out his account but I'm sure the site won't mind."

Do you think "Hey, I'm going to do something that looks like I just stole a credit card and am committing fraud but I'm sure the site won't mind."

Did you not think that your friend could send you $80 and then you could send him $50?

Did you not think about not trying to use a poker site as a bank?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Tell the truth 100%. Hope that they are merciful.

And don't do it again.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 PM

WOW calm down people, damn.

Definition of chip dumping has to do with team work. I know it's against the rules, but it's not like we sat down at a table and played telling us our hands and betting in team.

I've played in Party Poker for almost a year and I have made several deposits in the past.

They can check my history and all the hands I've played recently and they can indeed verify that there isn't any kind of team work between me and my friend.

Anyways, I just don't want to lose my money because of this mistake. I had no idea they were going to block my account so fast like that.

I will wait for their response and I'll offer them to restrict our accounts so we cannot play in the same table at the same time if they want.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 PM

Best advice^^^

I had this happen several years ago at Paradise Poker before transfers were an option and just wanted to give my friend $20 in his account so he could play. I called support and explained situation. They unlocked both accounts, said dont do it again and barred us from sitting at same table. Good luck, the truth may set you free.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They can check my history and all the hands I've played recently and they can indeed verify that there isn't any kind of team work between me and my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just admitted that there IS team work in your original post. I don't think you understand, but what you did was against the rules and they were completely in the right to close your account.

Now call them up, tell them you dumped $20 to your friend, and that you're sorry , and that you will never ever do it again.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:58 PM

I guess you don't read posts at the poker forums. There have been zillions of posts about chip dumping and yet, you still do it. Good grief!!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 PM

What you did was "chip dumping." When you're talking about team play, you're talking about "collusion." They are two different things. Collusion, that is, playing as a team so that both people win more money, is strictly against the rules at every site. While chip dumping by itself might not be against the letter of the rules at some sites, it is a HUGE trigger for a fraud investigation because that's how fraudsters get money from a stolen account to a legitimate one, where they think they can withdraw it while concealing it's origin.

If you and your friend both come clean about what you did and why to support, there's a pretty good chance they'll unlock the accounts and let you go with a stern warning not to do it again, since it sounds like your actions were out of ignorance rather than malice.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Why didn't he transfer 80 to you and you transfer 50 back.
Would be pretty easy , too and much less hassle.