Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 PM

Default $3/$6 B&M - Rare Tricky Spot

<font color="purple">Structure: </font> $3-$6 with $1/$3 blinds and a $4 rake on flop.

<font color="blue">Table Reads: </font> Really typical S. California low-stakes loose-passive limpfest. If Momma raises, she has JJ+,AQs+AKo. If most people raise they have 88+,ATs+,KQs (depending how on steam they are) and, of course, the occasionally lagbot will show up (after losing $2000 at Pai Gow) and raise any 2. I'm here mainly for the awesome food.

<font color="green">Read on Villain: </font> Physical impression was that he was pretty conservative (young 20s, glasses, beanie, kind of thoughtful looking). His actual play was the opposite of conservative.

One of his first few hands: One limper to him, he’s in the SB and bumps it up with J9s and flops an OESD, leads, gets there on the turn.

Another hand he open-raises from EP with A4o at a 9-handed table and leads an Ace-high flop into like six players who are calling him and gets shown a better Ace. Just total spewy [censored].

I wasn't there for long, so thats all I got on him. Here’s the hand:

There was one EP limper (the fact that he’s in EP doesn’t mean much, he could have K2o or 94s – it does mean that he most likely doesn’t have 99+,ATs+,KQs though).

Folded around to lagbot, he raises from the SB again.

If you reraise, there is like a 80% chance you’re getting called by the limper who is playing &gt; 60% (but not the top 7%), and the SB might cap.

What’s your play with:

a) 55
b) A3s
c) KTo
d) T9s

I had 55 but I was wondering about how I should play other marginal hands.

Keep in mind the effect of the rake. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: $3/$6 B&M - Rare Tricky Spot

I'd call with all four the hands.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:58 PM

I'd also call with all 4 hands and depending on the flop texture, call him down with marginal made hands and raise good or strong.You've got position, let him bet your marginal hands for you, and think about raising if you think you have him beat , but not another caller.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:55 AM

It is rare to have it 3 way at 3/6 live. I think folding is probably the right thing to do. I'd call with the 55 anyway, but its a small pot, and I dont like incouraging laggies with calling their raises with speculative hands, when there isnt a few other people in there with real speculative hands. I look at 3/6 as showdown poker.Tonight I won a pot with tptk, a very poor regular said "hes got the queen with the good kicker, as usual". My goal is to never call his raise, (he is a lagtard too) with Q9 and have him gleefully point out to the dealer that his jack kicker plays.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What’s your play with:

a) 55 call and raise flop when SB fires
b) A3s call &amp; raise SB on turn if A flops
c) KTo raise
d) T9s call

[/ QUOTE ]