Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When considering hands for low purposes only (and with no qualifier on low) which is the better low
Player A with AA234 30 57.69%
Player B with KK234 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Dare I say it

[ QUOTE ]
this is fine and the 'posting threads by invite only' is fine, but there should be a thread in the new forum linked to from the FAQ that people can post in to get approved. this is especially true right now since lots of people will be posting WSOP hands in a month.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to agree with Adanthar, but I think this is a good idea. It seems like most WSOP and other major tournament posts should be allowed, even if they are not from regular posters.

The restriction will probably cause a lot of WSOP hands to be posted in Tournament Circuit.

I do think this is a much better approach than a division by buyin, which would not work well at all with MTTs. I am really excited about the forum split and am very happy it is not based on buyin.

The list of approved posters will keep some garbage threads out, and is probably not offensive than a list of people not allowed to post. However, I wonder if this is necessary or the best approach.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:15 AM

elitist pish
Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 AM

yay justin.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:10 AM

This is a great decision, and I think it will work to improve both forums. The lower stakes/lower thought version will benenfit because the people that are good enough to understand all the concepts there will seek to prove themselves worthy of the higher forum, so they will generate good content there. Hopefully.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yay justin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't post much anymore, but I'm curious to see how successful this invite only format will be. GL
Old 05-19-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will also venture to say that people getting left out or small stakes players will strive to be invited to this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

or, they will be so disgusted by the elite nature of the forum that they won't strive to be part of it at all.

some of these smaller stakes players will be future wsop champs. i'd hate to see them posting at p5's or cardplayer because they did not want to 'beg' to be on some special list at 2p2.

last i checked this was a discussion board open to poker players. the lack of further restrictions is what made this place what it is imo.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Hi,

Most people in MTTC probably don't know me but I would love to be added to the list. I normally multitable the 114/225 SNGs on Stars and post in STTF but I'll be moving more toward MTTs in the next little while in preparation for WSOP. I do have a fair bit of MTT experience and feel I could be useful. If I could be added, that would be great. If someone could let me know either way by PM, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ryan Hall
Old 05-19-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will also venture to say that people getting left out or small stakes players will strive to be invited to this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

or, they will be so disgusted by the elite nature of the forum that they won't strive to be part of it at all.

some of these smaller stakes players will be future wsop champs. i'd hate to see them posting at p5's or cardplayer because they did not want to 'beg' to be on some special list at 2p2.

last i checked this was a discussion board open to poker players. the lack of further restrictions is what made this place what it is imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was indifferent to the split, but ^^^^^ Makes a lot of sense.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the confusion. People will be able to reply as of right now. I will listen to posters as to how they want to run this. But as of now posters will be able to reply but not create threads.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot donks who play in major tournaments, and they sometimes make the final tables. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to post hands.

I do think it is preferable to make a division based on poster than based on buyin. Also, I can see that there might be obnoxious posters and it is easier to require permission than to ban people from posting.

I wonder how much problem with bad OPs there would be without these restrictions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo,
I think the basic idea is that we don't want a ton of people posting hands like "I get AK preflop and raise to 3x BB after 4 limpers. Flop comes AA2, and I check/minraise" etc. Even if that happens at the FT of the WSOP ME, it's hard to get that interesting of a discussion going about a hand like that.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Most people in MTTC probably don't know me but I would love to be added to the list. I normally multitable the 114/225 SNGs on Stars and post in STTF but I'll be moving more toward MTTs in the next little while in preparation for WSOP. I do have a fair bit of MTT experience and feel I could be useful. If I could be added, that would be great. If someone could let me know either way by PM, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ryan Hall

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin,
If you haven't already, try and get the HSNL/MSNL/STT mods to allow some of their regular posters to contribute.
Closed Thread