Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Call, fold, or raise?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.50 BB (6 handed)

MP ($44.25)
CO ($48.65)
Button ($66.70)
SB ($47)
Hero ($63.50)
UTG ($42.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($5.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $10</font>, Button folds, Hero...?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Call, fold, or raise?

Your hand is not very good. You only have 6 outs to the nuts, and 3 of those put two low cards on the board. I would have checked the flop.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:23 PM

I thought i bet my draws aggresively...um fold? That's kinda hard to do getting 5 to 1 on your money, but the only nut draw you have is to a non-diamond King. I guess an eight would count also, but then you have the backdoor low draw to consider then as well.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:33 PM

I know the hand is not really very good, especially multi-way. Hence the semibluff. But having failed to steal the pot and gotten it HU instead, I think there are very few hands that have me crushed here, but unfortunately quite a few hands (pretty much opponent's whole range for raising here) that have me anywhere from a 52/48 dog to a 60/40 dog. As an additional note, it is very likely that opponent would have repotted if he had any QQxx holding, so I think it very likely here that he has the nut flush draw...

(further note): Actually, there are quite a few hands that extend my disadvantage here to more than 60/40 (e.g. AQ24 suited in diamonds).
Old 04-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Hard to answer this one without a read on CO. I agree that, in a vacuum, he's probably raising a better flush draw, probably nut flush. The question then is how likely is he to fire on the turn if it's a non-diamond? If you call and both miss, and you check, what's the likelihood you'll get a free river? Assuming he has something like A-2-x-x or A-4-x-x with diamonds, if the turn is an off-suit low card, will he check if you check? What if you pot any non-diamond (or maybe non-low diamond) on the turn, will he call despite poor odds?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 PM

i think folding is a good ideas as well. if i had a bdld or something like that I can see a call. But w/o reads or anythign like this I like folding this. He also min-raised you, which usually screams that he is on a draw and wants to see a cheap river by checking a missed turn. Therefore, it looks like you would want 2 b potting this turn, but I dont know if he will be folding if he picks up a low draw as well or something like that. I just think his calling range on the turn is too high to bluff @ this pot and the chance of u being a big dog if u push is also very high.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 AM

reraise him.. see how serious he is