Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Stars PLO8: call or fold this bottom FH?

[ QUOTE ]

he had the nut flush, so I scooped. The big river bet gave me pause because it's not a sensible way to play the hand he actually did have; does he think I'm going to pay him off with AAxx or a busted low draw? In hindsight I think he was just overjoyed to have made his hand against what he probably thought was AAxx or A2xx of some sort, so he potted it without much thought as to whether it was really the right move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woohoo, I got one right. I think the bolded areas are the key to problems like these, sooo many people dont think about who will call them if they bet (I use to suffer from this much more than I do now).

Thanks for posting such a good hand for review, hands like these seem to be improving my game, mostly be helping me to not make the mistakes the villians are making. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm never checking that river. I'd value bet the river. I think he has made nut flush on the river or possibly busted a2 trying to be off your weak check.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:02 PM

That's an interesting point. I probably should have bet the river myself. I tend to be passive on the river when I have a strong hand that isn't the absolute nuts. The general rule of course is not to bet unless you'll either be called by a hand you beat, or else cause opponent to fold some hand that would have beaten yours. But I may have overgeneralized it a little too much and so end up checking the river in some places where I shouldn't. Of course this time opponent bet his second-best hand and it turned out all right for me.
FWIW opponent didn't even have the nut low draw, just A4xx with a draw to the nut flush. So his call on the turn was actually really bad.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:19 PM

I like checking the river better, especially since he's probably at lest a little steamed.