Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 03:24 AM

Default Re: What level has your band gotten to

cd on load records, our fourth, and mini european tour playing fat cat festival in brussels in feb.

http://www.loadrecords.com/bands/gangwizard.html
Old 12-29-2006, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Recorded a CD, played a bunch of local/regional shows, had a blast doing it. We didn't take it too seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

which one are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm, uh, Kyle. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just found out that after a show we played with Hawthorne Heights that an Atlantic Records rep asked the lead singer (James) about contact information, demo CD's, setting up a demo show, etc, and the lead singer said "WE'RE THE LAZIEST BAND EVER LOL."

[censored] [censored] goddamnit it hyachachaychacyahcyachaycahchya
Old 12-29-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
captain2man,

did you ever play at the green door in oklahoma city with the hudson falcons?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - once - in the spring of 2004....I pulled a double-shift that night because Two Man Advantage played that show as well. (I played there with Two Man about 4 other times previous.)
Old 12-29-2006, 11:38 AM

cap,

I was at that show with hudson falcons/two man advantage. I didn't remember two man right off the top of my head but I remembered the logo.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:41 AM

Not my band, but my roommate is in a band called The Players (http://www.theplayersband.com), a local Baltimore/DC based band. They are headlining Recher Theater in Towson for the first time in February and have been voted best local Baltimore band several times. They've also opened for some big shows at the 9:30 club in DC several times, so I think that's pretty cool.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:48 AM

I've been in lots of bands, toured us/europe, opened for lots of cool people (they might be giants being my favorite, nice guys too!), been on lots of people's cds. never been in a band signed to a major though.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:53 AM

btw, I also once played 5 gigs with 5 different groups in a 24 hour timespan.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:15 PM

I manage a rock band in the Los Angeles area. I had no real managing experience, I just "winged it" for my friends. They make about $500 each gig as a result of much effort from myself, it helps pay for their gear no one really makes much money. Their demo is ok, it has definately opened a few doors. On the demo note, you can just send people to MySpace these days, MySpace is your artistic resume. We have fans that go to our shows often. We are all age 20-22, and because of our age group and networks some of the fans are under 21, this is a problem because many venues are 21+. They are planning to do a tour, it will probably happen before they have an album. I live in San Diego now, and while I still hold the title of manager I don't really do anything as of September.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:19 PM

Planet Chaos - (dumb name), but we played a bunch of shows and made a demo with 5 songs.

My advice would be to play as much as possible and formulate a good show - practice, practice, practice. Having a drummer that can't play on Friday nights is a huge problem. Unless he is phenomenal, you gotta dump him and find a new one.

When recording the demo, let the engineer/producer give you some suggestions. He has seen/heard so many other bands that he knows what works and what doesn't. Although the guy that produced our demo didn't have the bass up enough when mixing the master, so I thought he did a crappy job.

Good Luck and most of all - have fun. It doesn't last forever.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:29 PM

I was in an indie-rock band with a few kids from high school a few years back. We played local shows at venues such as the Stone Pony, Birch Hill, and Club Bene in NJ. We also recorded a demo but broke up shortly after it was finished. Now that I'm thinking about it, we're still owed $250 for winning a battle of the bands at Birch Hill in like 2001.