Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 10:00 AM

Default Cautious

33/24 over 87 hands.

Twice villain has bluff raised heads up on the flop in position after someone else 3 bet PF, once he 3 barreled, the other time he gave up on the turn with A7 high. He also open raised 75s in the SB, and C/Red a 234 flop with initiative.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 10-02-2006, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Cautious

ok so this guy is a total retardo that can't be trusted at all. After his flop check his hand is probably stronger than after a cbet. Flop check is standard and I like the turn check, too. We don't wanna get raised and we encourage a bluff on the river in case we are ahead. River: Yeah, for sure. We're good vs. his AK [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I call a 3bet.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Cautious

I hope this isn't a Monster table. Even without that extra drop I think opening Q8o is too loose. Part of the equity you get raising from the button is stealing the blinds, but that isn't going to happen here. I see that it is four handed, which calls for wider standards, but this still doesn't cut it for me.

Once you do get into the pot I think you should try to put in some bets with a hand that is strong against his range. I bet the flop and call down from a check/raise (raising when you trip up). If he just calls the flop bet I think the turn is tough but likely a check because you still have to call down a c/r and his call indicates either strength or a loose peel. This would be a good situation to induce a river bluff. Normally that tactic is overrated, but this villain makes the sort of mistakes that mean you can definitely offset the value of his free card with his bluffs.