Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: update

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is on NBC today...I think at 3PM EST. For those of you interested, I was the one producing the interviews of all the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice closing interview with Ivey. What does producing an interview exactly mean? Come up with the questions? Edit the footage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, I'm the guy in charge of shooting that particular segment. I have a camera crew, equipment and a list of questions/ideas. I tell the camera guy how to frame the shot, etc. (It's also directing but TV segments like this are "produced" not "directed." Naturally, I also have instructions from the Producers on how they want things to go.

My stuff was the "talking to the camera" stuff you saw. I wasn't on the golf course and didn't shoot the Ivey interview at the end!

And for what it's worth, I thought the show to be pretty damn boring. They didn't do a good job of editing it all together and make it flow so it wasn't confusing. Maybe tomorrow's final will be better since they won't have to cover so many matches.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Dominic,

Thx for that explanation. I enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to the final.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is on NBC today...I think at 3PM EST. For those of you interested, I was the one producing the interviews of all the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't see this original thread and was channel surfing today and came into this late and before I read any of this thread. Saw 3 random guys on hole 11 make checks, bets and all ins, with some kind of on course TD announcing who has the button, who has first action, etc, LMAO, couldn't figure out what the heck was going on and flipped channels.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: The World Series of Golf - Trip Report - with pictures!

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a bunny rabbit:

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom,

this should be your avatar... amirite?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And for what it's worth, I thought the show to be pretty damn boring. They didn't do a good job of editing it all together and make it flow so it wasn't confusing. Maybe tomorrow's final will be better since they won't have to cover so many matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is basically how I feel as well. I like the general concept, and think it'd be fun to play, but there's not nearly enough time to really see much of anything. Plus, half the show consisted of little short interview bits, which left even less time for any actual action.

I think they should have shown less of the betting part and just told us how the betting went as they were showing shots. Not a whole lot of fun to just see three random guys all saying "all in" while standing in the fairway, and then we see who gets down in 3. I fast forwarded to the Ivey part. I'm still gonna watch tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:13 PM

the finals were more interesting than the previous day's show...I actually thought an hour was too short of a time to properly see the ebbs and flows of the match. Not bad but could be produced better in the future.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:49 PM

Was that Corporation Mike (LATB) being the "financial adviser" for Ewing?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was that Corporation Mike (LATB) being the "financial adviser" for Ewing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same question, sounds exactly like him, looks like him plus goatee.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 AM

I just caught the finals. It actually seems like a really interesting format but they couldn't have done a worse job of telling us what the hell was going on. They combined not letting us know the important information about stack sizes and betting order with not showing us where people were on the golf course. How hard could it possibly be to draw a few little dots on the hole overhead graphic they already have?

Players were folding way too much. Two players each have birdie putts inside ten feet on the first par five and somehow someone folds to a pot-sized bet? Can two 10-ish handicap players really have that big a disparity in their short putting skills so as to make folding getting 2:1 correct? I play plenty of tournament poker and used to play a fair amount of golf and I cannot figure that one out.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 AM

I used to be a 5 handicap at one time and I must say the winner didn't look much like a 9.8 handicap to me. It would have been a much fairer fight if they made him play the Blacks where he should have been.

Maybe next year they will pay a little more attention to skill rating.