Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Math Problem w/Showdown Monkey

Opponent notes and background: I am by no means losing to the player I am about to describe, however, I feel that I can earn even more off of them if I make some more adjustments. The site we play at, in HU matches, SB = Button or BB = Button shifts depending on who gets high card to start, so I need to account for both types of blind activity. This player is completely and utterly unbluffable. WTSD 50% 1 on 1. They play is very mixed up, different lines taken each time. I credit them with the discipline to mix it up so well, better than anyone else I've ever encountered actually.

Long story short, lets keep in mind we are almost never folding an A/K hi or any PP, baby pair, etc. This person also has, as far as I can tell, a very optimal bluffing frequency... I'm forced to call down often because seemingly randomly they get out of line and bluff/bluff-raise/even bluff or semi3B. However, I find that I am usually being value-bet more than bluffed... but the bluffs are often enough that I too am showing down 46%+ in defense.

1) Assume someone raises 65% of their hands. What is, mathematically speaking, your optimal 3 betting range?

2) What shift would you make to this mathematical range if you were in position?

3) What shift would you make to this mathematical range if you were out of
position?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Math Problem w/Showdown Monkey

if bb is button i will three bet a very very very wide range of handsfrom bb, fold a lot more hands than normal from the sb (oop)
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM

Don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to be a smartass...but why play a guy like this hu? I love to play hu, but the description you give is of someone who is relatively proficient.

That said, sounds like you should be 3 betting less loosely and calling down quite abit (again, two varaibles that make me less inclined to play someone hu)

- Jeff
Old 01-09-2007, 09:09 AM

JAA it sounds like he has some serious leaks, also when you when you play as high stakes as OP does, you arent gonna play much if you sit around waiting for a real soft spot.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if bb is button i will three bet a very very very wide range of handsfrom bb, fold a lot more hands than normal from the sb (oop)

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples please?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to be a smartass...but why play a guy like this hu?

[/ QUOTE ]

See Dean's answer, as it mirrors mine. Villain gives up too much value with FPS postflop, as well as some other leaks... His proficiencies are what I have described and wish to counter more effectively to increase my hourly against him.