Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Why I signed up (LONG)

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have an objective point of view?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I joined, but my point of view is subjective, so you probably aren't interested in it.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's hilarious man that you'd think I'd be bought and paid for. You are totally off the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Don't let all these haters get you all worked up. I consider myself an MTT newb too. I have already gotten more than my moneys worth out of the site. I think the rest of these guys are already amazing players and can't see how others who aren't so good yet can benefit from a site like this.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's hilarious man that you'd think I'd be bought and paid for. You are totally off the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't sweat it. The funny thing is a guy that reg'd in Jan 06 is trying to call your viewpoint into suspicion because you reg'd in Feb 06. LMAO. Unless a review comes from a "respected 2+2er" he wouldn't consider it "objective" anyway. Of course, if it were someone like strassa or MLG that started the site, they would be calves to the teat.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The review I wrote is 100% honest and true. If you don't believe me, that's fine. But it is what it is and I stick by it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the review, i'm curious about the site but forgive me for asking you to clarify...
in your first post in this thread you asked

[ QUOTE ]
03/27/06 12:24 PM
Btw, how many hours of instructional video does pokerxfactor have by any chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

but in your review you indicate that you signed-up before you even made that first post. just
curious.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. I joined, but my point of view is subjective, so you probably aren't interested in it.

[/ QUOTE ]
nh
Old 03-31-2006, 05:57 PM

How about an example? Im skeptical they have information that cannot be found on these forums with some effort.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about an example? Im skeptical they have information that cannot be found on these forums with some effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I just missed it, you cannot find either Sheet's or Bax's hand-by-hand commentary on their own hand histories anywhere on 2+2.

As for advice on how to play any particular hand, I'm sure you can find such advice on 2+2. In fact, I bet you can find conflicting advice on just about every possible hand. And if you are smart and wise enough to know which advice is good and which is bad, and under which circumstances each is which, I don't think you are going to get much value from PokerXFactor.

As far as specific examples of a play that Sheets does in his video, well, I saw him fold 83o. Also, he doesn't try to steal as much as I expected he would.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:13 PM

I think I signed up later that day, I didn't really think about exactly how many days I've signed up for. But let me check the invoice now just to state it for the record....sec...Okay, I signed up on March 27th. So that's not too long ago, 4 days ago. But I've managed to watch a lot of videos and well read my review for what I thought about them, I won't repeat it here, but I remembered this thread and how there was a lot of criticism, so I decided to give my opinion on the site.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:16 PM

fair enough, genuine question, i wasn't trying to be a prick
Old 03-31-2006, 06:37 PM

Sure Lethal, let me give it a try. The way the information is being delivered is on a level that 2+2 cannot match because of the whole multimedia experience.

The interface along with audio commentary on full hand histories of recent tournament wins by Sheets and JohnnyBax is in my opinion an excellent learning tool.

In their videos they talk about all the relevant information such as stack sizes, fold equity, pot odds of a given situation etc etc, and most important of all, why they made the decision that they did in detail.

To answer your question, could you find the same information on 2+2? Probably but not at the same level. I also read 2+2 everyday. But receiving the equivalent of one video from that site as compared to a good 2+2 post is pretty huge. 2+2er's would have to post their entire hand histories and explain to the reader why they made every decision during that tournament. I have yet to see a post like that. If you would have to write out a post equivalent to a typical 30 min pokerxfactor video, it would probably top out close to 10-15 pages.