Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: The Ljubljana Conspiracy.

I hear if you record the text of 'Theory of Poker' and play it backwards, it says "This is all for you, sweet Satan." Over, and over, and over, and over, and over.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow there is alot of information that i wasnt aware of that you mentioned in this thread. andy prock created pokerstove and has said in other threads that there is alot of mathematical information that he knows about but wont share with the public. hes indicated that he has some really sickening software out there that everyone would love to have but he wont share it.

i really doubt andy prock is from slovenia as andy prock is clearly an american name. slovenia probably just hired him or purchased software from him and he probably helps develop their research online.

it really just sounds like they are developing poker bots which is indicated from the old rpg post about slovenia developing bots that everyone thought was a joke.

i did a search on google for tonda and it appears to just be a name. it is also a city in tuscany. i tried to do a slovenian translation of tonda to english and it it just came up with tonda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Work TStone.

I agree A. P. is probably american. It's only that he is listed as being part of "Project Mayhem", which is based in Ljubljana. Of course, the project mayhem website appears to be purposefully shadowy and obtuse.

The old RGP post about Slovenian pokerbots was made on April 1st.

I searched Google for the terms Tonda & poker. There is a poker player called Tonda Hall mentioned in passing in a tournament log. However, s/he does not appear in the hendon mob database.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:40 AM

DISCLAIMER: Don't worry I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat (yet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). However, everyone does love a good conspiricy. I am also of the belief that there are people lurking in the background who know more than they are letting on. Most of this information is probably more of a "gossipy" nature, rather than "OMFG leet poker botz gonna pizown our asses". Either way, I can understand their reasons for wanting to retain privacy, and I apologise for prying. However, the whole issue has become rather public and the presence of cryptic posts and obtuse websites seems somewhat designed to provoke curiosity & fuel gossip.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:06 AM

Tonda is Abdul's Wife, apparantly.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:16 AM

Here is some interesting information from Angelina herself.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am Izmet
Posted by: Angelina (angelina@fekali.com)

I guess it is time to set some records straight and maybe I have waited too long to do it, so here it is:

My name is Angelina Fekali and I have no brother. "Izmet Fekali", the frequent poster here and on rgp, does not exist. I made him up. As some of you have caught on to this little ruse and over the months the truth was harder and harder to hide. As I said, it is time to give up and take a stand for myself. There's no need for me to wear men's clothes anymore, I sincerely hope so.

A lot of you will probably not understand, but where I come from, women are not treated with equal respect. Since respect was all too often denied to me simply because of my gender, I decided to make my life easier on poker forums and become a guy. I was eager to learn and I very much wanted to be taken seriously. I tried very hard to become "one of the boys", hiding my true feelings and intentions behind "Izmet's" macho sheep humor.

My fears were not unfounded, it turned out, as I started to play at Paradise under my real name, no way a girl from Slovenia could play good poker, it's a man's game, I am listening to these kind of remarks for a year now. Well guys, you better believe it. Women can and do play good poker. I am sure this fact will hit hard some of you, but you need to face it. Women can play too.

I met David Sklansky In Las Vegas in 1999 when my dear father took a vacation there (looking for a game of 5card potlimit stud). Unbeknownst to my father, I fell in love with David, many of you have no idea how charming this man can be on top of his intelligence. He was relentless in his wooing, I must laugh every time when I think of our first few hours alone when he pulled out a deck of cards and said, "let's play for fun, do you know poker?". I didn't and he offered to teach. Little did I know that I saved about $400 (his standard tutoring hourly rate) that hour, little did I know that he tried very, very hard to lose to me in that headsup game, little did I know that I am one of the few that can brag "I beat Sklansky in poker". Little did I know that life will never be the same.

I was hooked. Both on Sklansky and hold'em. He sensed my enthusiasm and offered to teach me more. To cut a long story short, we had great time and I had to go back home. Six months later, after lots of research, sims and thinking about the game, I was eager to play him again, to prove I was a student, a friend and, most importantly, to prove I was smart enough for him. I was in Vegas again, desperately in love, only to find another woman sitting besides David at the poker table. It broke my heart and it broke our relationship.

That is when I met Abdul Jalib M'hall. I am sorry not to go into detail here, let me just say that I met his wife too, she is a very nice person and I am sorry to bring some pain into her life. Out of respect for her I shall not do our dirty laundry in public.

Needless to say, I befriended Abdul because of his refusal to accept Sklansky as an authority on hold'em, he was a renegade and a free mind, he appealed to me a lot. He provided me with tools to fight Sklansky on his own turf, poker, without being an underdog to Sklansky's strategies. I can't thank Abdul enough for this, if you are reading this, Jabba dear, you will always have a special place in my heart reserved. Thank you.

I don't travel much to Vegas anymore. My life is settled now, men can't hurt me anymore, any frustrations I may have left I take out on unsuspecting $20-40 Paradise players. If you are there and see me 4-bet you on the turn with a shaky hand, it is probably because I imagine I'm playing against David.

I just can't pull him out of my mind, it seems.

I love you all.

Angelina Fekali

[/ QUOTE ]

This comes from the thread here:
http://www.twoplustwo.com/digests/ge...apr01_msg.html

Unfortunately...
[ QUOTE ]
Posted on: Sunday, 1 April 2001, at 8:48 a.m.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2005, 10:23 AM

To be honest, it all feels like one big april fools joke....
Old 11-09-2005, 10:25 AM

This is getting ... weird.

There are a number of scenarios as to how this all is incorporated into reality, none of them not creepy.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-09-2005, 10:26 AM

http://www.slopoker-forum.com/ seems to have a lot of people from there, but I can't understand anything it says...
Old 11-09-2005, 10:41 AM

this is like the 2+2 version of the rgp "pattern mapper" thread!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, it all feels like one big april fools joke....

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Based on tone, I would be EXTREMELY surprised if that post were anything other than an April Fool's joke.