Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Help with BetPot and StarsReads AHK -- Please

I recently decided to try some of the AHKs for Stars. For the most part I have been able to create a working script for a few of them. However, when I try to download the Stars BetPot and StarsReads scripts all I get is something called an ".efw document", which as far as I can tell does not do anything. What am I missing. How do I make a working script for these two things? Assistance would be appreciated.

One of the AHKs that I got working is the Stars Urgent Table Ahk. In the documentation, Dave says hat he is lazy and got tired of moving the mouse from table to table. I am very glad that Dave is "Lazy". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I really love this script.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Help with BetPot and StarsReads AHK -- Please

Few views -- No help ....

Pleeze
Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 PM

Just spent a minute trying to guess how you were getting .EFW files... turns out google is my friend (and insanely fast - it already has this page listed at #5, lol)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=".efw+document"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&

Anyhow, I poached this from the myspace forum it found for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

---------------------------
"EFW File Extension

File Type Renamed Zip or Executable File
Category Compressed Files
Common? No
File Description Compressed .ZIP or executable .EXE file renamed by CA Security Centre to have a ".efw" extension; typically applies to e-mail attachments scanned by Computer Associates (CA) antivirus software.

EFW zipped files may be opened by changing the file extension to ".zip" and opening the file with a decompression utility, such as WinZip or Stuffit Expander; executable files may be run directly by changing the file extension to ".exe" and opening the file.

NOTE: Do not open unknown e-mail attachments from non-trusted sources, as they may contain viruses or other malicious programs.
SOFTWARE-
WinZip
WinAce
PKZip
Bitberry BitZipper
Winferno SnapZip
TurboSoft AnyZipl
Allume Systems Stuffit Expander"
-----------------------------------------

So I guess you have "£CA Security Center" messing about in your downloads.

Rename the files to zip, they should then extract fine.

From then on, it will be similar to UrgentTable (glad you like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) - read the pages / threads if need be, run the AHK, experiment.

Good luck,

dave.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:40 PM

THANK YOU Dave. I just switched to CA Assoc. security with my Roudrunner. I was unable to get a match for the .efw on "open with" search. Unfortunately, I cannot rename either of the files mentioned in the title. I do not get an option to change the extension (like I do with other files). I am not sure what is happening. these are the only two that have gien me any probles of the eight that I have tried so far.

Maybe I am just not meant to have them -- therefore, they must be really good. But I am stuborn and will keep trying.

Thanks again,
Muckin
Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 PM

You probably have to enable "show file extensions for known file types", buried somewhere in Windows "folder options".

Alternatively, disable CA for a minute or two and download them again?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 PM

I think I finally got working scripts. It took a long time and I was getting really frustrated. CA Security must jack with some, but not all, downloads, since I had no trouble with a few others today. I am not going to take the AHKs to a table right now, because I am frustrated with all this mess. I can however edit the scripts and see something that looks like AHK insead a whole bunch of garbage binary characters. Changing the extension names was still awkward, but I think I got it. Hopefully, there won't be any script changes for a while.

Thanks again Dave,
Muckin