Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-17-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Moving past 5NL?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. To my mind, 27/20/2.5 is not LAG. You're playing more of a sLAG game. You're not truly "loose" until your VPIP is 30% or more, ESPECIALLY at a $5NL table.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There are a few great LAG's that can pull off a VPIP over 30. Not many though. 26/22 is certainly lag these days.

[/ QUOTE ]how did a mod post in this thread and yet it is still unlocked?!?!?

OP, if u feel good and confident and have a good bankroll take a shot. if it doesnt go good drop down and restart. if it goes good dont look back. there is nothing u need to differently. the level b the same minus the money different.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, its only over 1.5 k hands you cant sustain that even at 5nl. Over 3/5ths of a buy in pre 100 hands...
Ive ran at like 150bb at 10nl for 2000 hands and guess what, it dropped down to something like 25bb after about 10000. 30bb/100 might be sustainable at 5nl
Your running crazy good at 5nl right now

[/ QUOTE ]

I stated on my original post this is an experiment which I began 3 days ago. My sample size is obviously going to be small.

The point of the post has been, by and large missed. I'm seeking advice as to how to adjust to opponents playing styles as the limits get incrementally larger. (if i wasn't aware of the larger amount of skilled post flop players at higher limits, i wouldn't have asked this question)

I paid my rent over the course of a year playing live 500NL FR, so I do know a little about the game. I'm starting from the bottom of the barrel with LAG 6 max, since it is obv a very different animal than live FR strategy. Assumptions are being made that I am, perhaps, a weak player running "good" or "lucky".

Also, I'm not asking about BB/100 hands win rates.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how did a mod post in this thread and yet it is still unlocked?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I came to lock it but Pokey got all smart and give a serious reply so I let it be for his sake.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I came to lock it but Pokey got all smart and give a serious reply so I let it be for his sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do I post this then? In the microbrew thread? There are so many posts there that it doesn't seem like many people would read it there.

It's a micro stakes strategy question, but if I should post this somewhere else I will be happy to. Please direct me to where that is if thats the case.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do I post this then? In the microbrew thread? There are so many posts there that it doesn't seem like many people would read it there.

It's a micro stakes strategy question, but if I should post this somewhere else I will be happy to. Please direct me to where that is if thats the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nowhere actually ... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But what you want to here is this:

Q: Is there a big difference between the levels?

A: No, there is only a slight difference

Q: Should I be scared moving up

A: No, just make sure that you have some sort of bankroll management in case you run bad at first.

In other word, just move up already if you feel like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]