Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 08-27-2007, 09:44 PM

Default question about strategy for full ring playas (betting patterns)

Ok Ive played poker pretty regularly for awhile but just getting back to cash games. Ive been playin mostly pot limit but trying to get back to nl once the bankroll gets a little higher. Im pretty decent at profiling players based on pt stats but Im really trying to improve and think I lack in taking notes and really watchin betting patterns.

So I guess my question is what are some of the most useful betting patterns u look for and take notes on ? thanks in advance
Old 08-27-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: question about strategy for full ring playas (betting patterns)

Suppose some good things are how they play draws etc. If they are making standard raises with certain hands. Do they call flush / straight odds correctly or can you charge them more? Do they try and trap / slow play or plow through with aggression?

Etc etc etc.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:11 PM

First of all, I play on UB, and I'm not sure what the note taking functions on other sites look like. The first time I'm tempted to take any kind of note on a player, I paste the following in the notes field:

comment:
bad call:
opens pre:
pre 3-bet:
min bet:
1/2 pot:
pot:
SP/CR:
raise (g):
raise (b):
bluffs river:

This is most, but not all, of what I'm looking for.

If you note more than one bad call, value bet, value bet, value bet, but don't bluff.

Look to see if the size of the bet on the flop is related to the strength of the hand. Often it is.

If someone min-bets with strong hands on the flop or min-bets and reraises, be sure to note that. More often, you'll see that min-bets are followed by folds, even on the same street. Bully these guys.

Be sure to note any raise that's a bluff. On the other hand, if villain has raised four times and had a set or better every time, believe it.

Some guys can't help open-bluffing on the river. Know who they are.

I've noticed that I play about break-even poker for days or weeks at a time and then win big by punishing one over-agressive guy on whom I have big notes. Be ready to take advantage when you find yourself at the table with such a player.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:16 PM

thank u both this is a good start I appreciate it...