FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't bring myself to point out for the millionth effing time in these threads how artificially low .08 is and how the proselytizers probably drive over that limit fairly regularly without even realizing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

God what a [censored] Faustian choice: To ignore these [censored] who have nothing better to do than act holier than thou when people are down, VS to point out to the douches that they are douches, thereby derailing an otherwise great thread.

I guess I choose the latter, because I just can't abide you barca lounger judge judys in silence.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 beers in an hour in a 180lb male blows a .08

I've never had more than 2 and drove.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT correct...

As the newest recipient of a DUI... I sat through a ton of expert testimony and the average social drinking can have x2 12 oz beers per hour and be AROUND .07 - .08 (i.e... might be legal, might not).

[/ QUOTE ]

over multiple hours yes.

over one hour no.

at least thats what every BAC calculator says
Old 11-24-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq-

your apologist attitude clearly demonstrates you don't know anyone who has been personally affected by a DUI. I'm sorry that your friends [censored] up, but they [censored] up, probably knew that they were [censored] up as it happened and got punished for it. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive known multiple people that have died as a result of an accident w/ a drunk driver -- the youngest was 5. i also know someone that killed another person when she was driving home drunk-- she is on trial now. in addition, i have known a few people that have died in one car accidents, driving drunk and passing out or w/e happened.

it is a horribly selfish crime. not much different than running around with a blindfold shooting a pistol imo. op should be punished severely.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who live in states with great public transportation, I envy you. In CA and other states of MASS urban sprawl, it's pretty standard to have a couple drinks with dinner and drive home SAFELY.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 drinks over 1 hour = 0.02. How does this equal instant arrest by OUTACONTROL cops and crazy MADD mothers?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:07 PM

OP- I'm sorry you have to spend time in prison... I'm VERY much a fan of punishments that fit the crime. I agree you have some issues, you need some rehab, and you committed some SERIOUS crimes. Luckily for you, no one was hurt and hence I think the punishment should fit the crime. The responses you're getting about putting you out to rot are ridiculous. It's kind of like saying someone who discharges a fire arm in public should be tried for first degree murder even if no one died. Of course you can't, no one died, no one was ACTUALLY injured?

I think 60-90 days in the big house to give you time to detox and think about your crime would be sufficient. Good luck. As others have advised, learn a language and/or take advantage of some vocational program.

Furthermore, what I think TUQ is trying to get out... is that with DUI's, MADD and other special interest groups have done such a great job of vilianizing DUI offenders... the punishment no LONGER fits the crime.

Case and point is me. You can refer to my whole trip report about getting a DUI from a couple months ago. First time offense. Pulled over for speeding (NOT driving impaired)... blew a 0.09 and got busted.

Went to trial after my attorney found out that the road side calibrator had not been properly maintained AND the officer testified during the DMV hearing that she had improperly administered the road side tests.

After a week of testimony that all pointed to several errors during my arrest... the jury still found me guilty. I STRONGLY feel that at least 10 of the 12 jurors had their mind made up before even hearing evidence.

Not only was I found guilty... but the a-hole judge told me and my lawyer that we had wasted his time with a trial... should have gone with a plea deal... and he DOUBLED everything the DA recommended. I was actually penalized (what lawyers call "trial tax") for exercising my rights as a citizen.

ABSOLUTELY sick.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who live in states with great public transportation, I envy you. In CA and other states of MASS urban sprawl, it's pretty standard to have a couple drinks with dinner and drive home SAFELY.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 drinks over 1 hour = 0.02. How does this equal instant arrest by OUTACONTROL cops and crazy MADD mothers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just sat through two days of EXPERT testimony. If you have two drinks in an hour for more than one hour (i.e. 4 drinks in two hours)... you CAN blow above the legal limit.

Even more disturbing is that in CA if you blow over 0.01... and the officer feels you are impaired (even if it's just due to fatigue, other physical issues, or just stupidity), you can be charged with a DUI. At that point it becomes an expensive burden of proof with your opinion being argued in court against the officers.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:12 PM

OP, did the govt seize your assets (freeze bank accounts, share trading accounts, etc)?
If so, what time frame did they do this in?

If I'm ever accused of anything should I just empty all my accounts asap & burry it somewhere?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just sat through two days of EXPERT testimony. If you have two drinks in an hour for more than one hour (i.e. 4 drinks in two hours)... you CAN blow above the legal limit.

Even more disturbing is that in CA if you blow over 0.01... and the officer feels you are impaired (even if it's just due to fatigue, other physical issues, or just stupidity), you can be charged with a DUI. At that point it becomes an expensive burden of proof with your opinion being argued in court against the officers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a couple drinks with dinner = 4?

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

4 drinks in 2 hours for a 100lb man gives a .07 BAC. Keep 'em coming. Very few people in this thread actually realize how much it takes to get to .08. Hint: it's not a "couple drinks with dinner"
Old 11-24-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So a couple drinks with dinner = 4?

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

4 drinks in 2 hours for a 100lb man gives a .07 BAC. Keep 'em coming. Very few people in this thread actually realize how much it takes to get to .08. Hint: it's not a "couple drinks with dinner"

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right... that internet calculator is much more efficient than my actual life experience and the expert testimony of a triple Doctorate holder that is one of the lead scientists for the LA county sheriffs crime lab.

I had EXACTLY 5 Tanquerey and Tonics from 7 PM - 9:30 PM... went back to work, got busted at 12:12 and blew a 0.09.

During expert testimony it was explained that the body CAN process about two drinks and hour and keep you at a 0.00 BAC... but in many people two drinks an hour are enough to take them to the legal limit of 0.08.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Wow, I wonder if it is at all possible that your G&T's had perhaps more than a standard amount of gin in each one? No, that'd be crazy.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:30 PM

Drinking makes my taint thicker imo