Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: 50NL - Taking on the bully

fold preflop. playing back is def not a good idea! stick to your play.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus just stop.

You have 2nd pair in a reraised pot and you're like never good here. Wait for tp and valuetown him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flame on if you must, but villain aggression factor was 8, meaning this type of player was trying to run over everyone, and essentially had one speed.

From the button here his range is huge, as in almost any two will do. Hero image was quite the opposite, and I had not even 3 bet pf at this table. If I get 4 bet pf I turbo muck.

Is it just me or an AF of 8 not mean that even with 2nd pair HU on the flop we are good here more often than not.

Discuss.
Regards,
Carl
Old 07-30-2007, 12:57 PM

This is why I said fold turn.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I said fold turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was not under my skin. On the contrary, my approach was to exploit what I felt was his tendency for blind aggression.

Regards,
Carl
Old 07-30-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus just stop.

You have 2nd pair in a reraised pot and you're like never good here. Wait for tp and valuetown him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flame on if you must, but villain aggression factor was 8, meaning this type of player was trying to run over everyone, and essentially had one speed.

From the button here his range is huge, as in almost any two will do. Hero image was quite the opposite, and I had not even 3 bet pf at this table. If I get 4 bet pf I turbo muck.

Is it just me or an AF of 8 not mean that even with 2nd pair HU on the flop we are good here more often than not.

Discuss.
Regards,
Carl

[/ QUOTE ]

So flat call in position with something that is likely to make a good hand and let him bluff his stack away. No use blindly throwing 1/10th buyin in the pot preflop because he's aggressive. Newsflash - he isn't folding anything preflop and you're not gonna know where you're at postflop.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:59 PM

if you're going to do this, raise to 7 at least. And please c-bet the flop.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Reasons why I don't like this hand:
1. You're OOP
2. You showed aggression preflop, but did not follow up with it on the flop. What hand are you representing?
3. By there being a good amount of money in the pot on the turn, you have little fold equity against top pair sorts of hands.

This player is probably feeding off of everybody being terrified of him, you can exploit his aggressiveness a lot better in position. Patience is a virtue.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus just stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Discuss.
Regards,
Carl

[/ QUOTE ]

So flat call in position with something that is likely to make a good hand and let him bluff his stack away. No use blindly throwing 1/10th buyin in the pot preflop because he's aggressive. Newsflash - he isn't folding anything preflop and you're not gonna know where you're at postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough, that being said, when we hit top pair TPTK multiway we are value betting and charging oppnents to chase draws. HU, given our read, why are looking for monsters under the bed?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Dont like the way you played the whole hand.

A perfect example of why LAGy poker can be profitable if played well.

OP chose an off suit 109 OOP to get his stack in!!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You showed aggression preflop, but did not follow up with it on the flop. What hand are you representing?

[/ QUOTE ]

A range of hands that i am comfortable letting this over aggressive opponent fire away at to take it away on the turn. AK+ KK+ are normal hands to 3 bet at these stakes without getting too creative, with no reads.

[ QUOTE ]

3. By there being a good amount of money in the pot on the turn, you have little fold equity against top pair sorts of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought exactly. Given that villain was terrorizing the table and living off that image, he needs at least that range here, when c/raise all in on turn.

[ QUOTE ]

This player is probably feeding off of everybody being terrified of him, you can exploit his aggressiveness a lot better in position. Patience is a virtue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did mention that I have stats on him from previous play.
Someon that plays 33/20/8 will punish the blinds from the button all day long.

Regards,
Carl