Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Do I fold too much?

Please tell me I made a bad fold because I run bad and out think myself.

My thinking was: How can he have anything else than KQ.

Reads

UTG is unknown but apparently terrible
MP is a loose passive fish
CO is a LAG/TAG. Seems ok, not your standard german ABC clone so he prolly has a brain.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds...
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Do I fold too much?

Hes loose passive right? He could easily have K8 or worse. I hate this fold in a pot of this size with a possibility of having the best hand(loose passives will surprise you sometimes) and 4-5 outs a lot of the time.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 PM

I think there's a bunch of things he could have besides KQ. K2/K8/88/AK, KJ maybe, maybe Ksxs. still think it's a fold though. I keep getting more and more ridiculous with pokerstove and I can't make it tell me we have even 9% equity.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Well he could have any King so I wouldn't discount all your queen outs. But at least one looks to be already out there so I'd give yourself 4 outs with a very small chance that you are best.

I don't like a turn fold and a river fold UI is too close for me. If that river is a diamond than I definitely fold. If it's another King, I definitely call. But everything else depends on how passive you think MP is.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:32 PM

I think you have 4-5 clean outs and can call this turn. MP probably has a king w/spade draw, or maybe just a smaller pair w/diamond draw. I'd definitely call here and 1 bet on river UI...
Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 PM

I fold here too if your read on him being loose/passive is accurate.

Likely only 1 queen out in the deck and 3 ace outs, there is a chance you are drawing dead, and there is a chance of a raise behind you. A diamond draw just being created means there is a small chance the diamond outs are no good either.

Very little implied odds in general..

Calling isnt that bad tho
Old 08-28-2007, 09:45 PM

against such a terrib;e players i`m calling to the end.if one overcard it`s enough for u to fold,terrible players will be right bet all the time,and it`s terrible for u
Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 PM

Terrible guy who mysteriously bets turn = retard who picked up draw making stupid as blank smb. I don't see a huge hand here or he'd have capped the flop. Only way he's only calling flop is to cr the turn. He could have hit the turn obviously but JT looks good too. I've stopped folding to idiots in big pots with anything decent. Seen too many JT's in this spot.

Edit - when you're running bad is a horrible time to make big folds as the donks think they can win every hand against you and you're in deep trouble.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:52 AM

With your read on MP, you cant be ahead of his hand.
MP was in his standard call/coldcall mode preflop/flop. I think he will never bet a flush-or straightdraw here.
I doubt he will bet a single K, most time he holds 2Pair.

I would fold it too.
Maybe i'm just a half brain german clone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2007, 12:13 PM

Dont fold. In the last week at the 2/4 level, I've seen a flush draw, BPTK, and MPTK in these types of spots. All from people I'd describe as "loose passive fish." I think these types sometimes just pick a really weird spot to bluff in.

The pots too big and you are running too bad to fold. I start folding this when I'm running bad and I think its my way of tilting. Don't do it.