Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)

deleted.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he saves a lot more than 75k in equity, the pot is about 1.22mm and benyamine has 35% equity in that and 600k to start the hand, so his expected loss in the hand is about 173k. on the other hand if guy just takes his 40k raise, then he loses about 45k.

[/ QUOTE ]
But he only "saves" 64.4% of the $$$ Guy did not take. by the time the 165k is factored in, calling his remaining 435k or so is essentially flipping a coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

benyamine doesn't put the 165k in, he shoves over guy's raise and it never gets put into the 'pot', which is what guy is referring to when he offers to just take the pot. what you're referring to is a different proposition than what eventually gets settled on.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just going off the half-information at hand.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:09 PM

The one good thing about this is you actually see what these people's true bankrolls really are, and the answer is: not much.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"This is what poker has come to.." Doyle

"Pathetic" is all I can say if the story is true. I lost all my respect for DB. If you cant afford to lose, dont play...
Obviously DB wouldnt`ve let GL off the hook and they`d have prolly made fun of this "fish Guy L" after the show...
The only thing that shows is that Guy outclasses DB in life BIG TIMS, cause he knows as well that he wont get this treatment if it`s the other way around...

[/ QUOTE ]

you are [censored] stupid.

benyamine has balls of steel. he asks guy how many times he wants to run it, guy says once, benyamine SAYS OK, guy asks him if he wants to run it more times, benyamine says ONE IS FINE, then guy makes him a ridiculous offer and benyamine accepts because he doesn't hate money.

benyamine is obv a huuuuge degen but he doesn't say anything about running it more times, he's fine with running it once for 1.2mm, he is just a flat out sick gambler.

e: oh i see you haven't seen the episode yet. well this is an even better reason to shut the [censored] up you retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!
"if" is a word you dont seem to understand (or at least it takes you quite some time, lmao at the ramble and then the edit below, hahaha.)
1. Think
2. Post
(I know that`s not your motto, but think about it (AFTER the next ramble obv., rofl)
... well, at least you know your insults well. Classy post of the month imo. Your lightning-speed grasp of the "context"* of my post is impressive as well...

*(in this case: the things written in previous** posts)
** ((a.) Going before in time; being or happening before something else; antecedent; prior; as, previous arrangements; a previous illness.)
Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one good thing about this is you actually see what these people's true bankrolls really are, and the answer is: not much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling that guys like Greenstein/Brunson/Anonious/Ivey have alot more than Benyamine. Just a hunch.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling that guys like Anonious/Ivey have alot more than Benyamine. Just a hunch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is what is called passing on good karma, anyone have heard that hand where Thomas Wahlroos were splitting a pot willingly with Guy after Guy mucked his his hand by mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also heard that Thomas was looking through a watch catalog at the table and was talking about an expensive watch in it that he wanted to buy, and the next day when he showed up to the game it was sitting on his chair. Guy bought it for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

source?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone told me Thomas told the story on The Circuit radio show.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:58 PM

can someone pm me the link plz ty
Old 11-23-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have banned like 20 people in this thread. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to not do this? I don't understand it.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have banned like 20 people in this thread. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to not do this? I don't understand it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's to hoping people asking for the link are getting the ax too.