Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 05:38 AM

Default I value bet vs A hi.... d\'oh

I expect to get paid off by A hi... but....

villian is tag 25/17/2.8 over 250, no notes

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>
Old 05-12-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Re: I value bet vs A hi.... d\'oh

I play it the same. And I call river because of odds of him doing this with AK/xx often enough.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:54 AM

I can't see him putting you an anything else but Ax or a pp after raising preflop and calling all the way to the river, so why would he c/r you and hope to win with Ax himself?

He knows you will never fold a pp or an ace here so he has to be able to beat that to c/r you, and you will never call his raise with Kx so his raise is 0EV and he will just call behind with an ace.
Easy fold on the river for me.

I would've re-raised on the flop and checked behind on the river if I stayed in the hand that long.

Blurry enough or do you want me to mess it up a little bit more?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:46 AM

Any one likes a turn raise?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:36 AM

I don't think you're good often enough to call the river. I think Verde's idea of a turn raise is probably a good play but of course calling down is viable.

With respect to the river bet, I think most people with his stats would keep firing with ace-high, especially given how well the board came out for him if he has AQ-ish. I think it's a check.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:28 PM

River = super easy bet. Pretty easy fold too.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:37 PM

Default re:

hmm. Looks like a couple different opinions on calling the c/r.

If you are villian with something like JTs, KJo would this be a good spot to consider a bluff c/r? I think my hand is pretty transparent as a small pp and I think most tags would expect me to both value bet and fold to a c/r. If I decided to showdown Ax here I would be checking behind always and I would be raising somewhere or capping pf with a medium-large pp. If I had whiffed clubs, I probably wouldn't stab the river either because I'm expecting him to c/c his own Ax.... just wondering
Old 05-12-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any one likes a turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I will point out is that we should be more inclined to raise the turn on that particular turn card since the villain now has 9 outs if he has two overcards. If the villain will incorrectly fold two high cards here that would be a significant victory. That doesnt necessarily mean that raising the turn is the best line vs this opponent. I dont think theres enough information here to say raising the turn is better than calling turn.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:51 AM

yeah i like a Turn raise &gt; vs some I c/r Flop but usally not vs solid looking Tags because they can fold on Flops while they would bet the Turn again for you and onc etehyre there theyre showing there Ace high down very often...K high will fire the Turn again if he knows you can fold...anyway i would consider raising anywhere...vs him most likely on the Turn.. AK AQ AJ will almost always show down...and we can fold to a 3b