Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Heroes Premiere TONIGHT, Sept. 24th

[ QUOTE ]
All,

This episode sucked hard. Hopefully the next one is just as bad so I can stop recording it.

What do you guys will suck worse, this season of Heroes or 24?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heroes: There could be potential. I know the network wanted it to start a new story of sorts so people could get into the show without having seen s1. I've heard that things that happened inbetween the finale and now will be explained around episode 8.

24: I've read that it didn't go unnoticed with the writers that S6 was by far the worst, that they recycle too much and they always try to make a bigger disaster. Word on the street the show will focus on "small, more intense personal storylines," which could be a nice change of pace. (and more like S1).

guess I'm a TV optimist.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

This episode sucked hard. Hopefully the next one is just as bad so I can stop recording it.

What do you guys will suck worse, this season of Heroes or 24?

[/ QUOTE ]

24 will be worse.

Re: XMen: isn't the whole premise of this show stolen from XMen? regular people appear throughout the world with various unique superpowers caused by natural evolution?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow I hope this Chuck show gets picked up.

Dead serious, 10 mins left but it's the best pilot I can remember watching in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am stuck between whether this is supposed to be ridic obvious sarcasm or is serious. I watched it on demand but thought it was pretty terrible, which seems completely on par for everything McG has anything to do with.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure it wasn't sarcasm...chuck has great potential...i'm excited for it
Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 AM

God this thread is a mess.

A few points:

The Legacy Virus was written as an AIDS thingy. It's not like it was an original thought. A lot of this stuff will seem derivative of X-Men because genetics is the only reasonable way to make super heros. Stuff like spider bites is fricking lame.

I still hate the cop. He is not a likeable character and every scene with him underscored that.

The Hiro stuff was horrible. I can't even begin to express everthing that was wrong. Mostly the contemporary english was just so jarring that you couldn't believe they were really in the past. (fwiw- my guess is that Hiro becomes what's his face)

Ando's has grown a super power to manifest his hair in totally insane fashion. I liked stuff, thought Hiro's dad was just too cliche and I'm not sure how "I will die tonight" turned into "Hmm, or I will just leave town".

The Claire stuff was good and the saving grace of the show. Flying kid was interesting if not obvious.

I hate introducing new characters and not showing us what was up with older ones. No Ali Larter makes Dids cry.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:25 AM

I'm a sucker for this show. I liked comics, but never got into it, this one is delivered to my TV. It's not supposed to be 'good' in the TV sense. It's supposed to be good in the sci/fi sense. If you stop nitting and just accept some of the irrational stuff and are prepared not to see a lot of action you'll enjoy it a lot more. If that's why you're watching it you're going to be sorely disappointed... for the second time.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:25 AM

Worst. Irish Accents. Ever.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:39 AM

sylar was seen in the intro so he is defineatly back
Old 09-25-2007, 11:39 AM

As I was watching the show I realized how hard the hero children have it in school.

I really think they should open up a special School for just the hero children. I think it would be a pretty unique and unexpected plot twist!

Maybe they could call it the School for Smart Youngsters, or School for Gifted Children.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I was watching the show I realized how hard the hero children have it in school.

I really think they should open up a special School for just the hero children. I think it would be a pretty unique and unexpected plot twist!

Maybe they could call it the School for Smart Youngsters, or School for Gifted Children.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I wonder how they can differ from X-Men. I think that's going to be tough for the writers.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM

For those of you that missed it, Peter has amnesia thanks to the Haitian. Peter was wearing the necklace that the Haitian wore in season 1.

I was kind of put off by the fact that Nathan and Parkman lived (if you didn't think that Peter was going to live... well... I was pretty much 100% sure he would), but overall I thought it was a good episode. A little slow, however I think it's setting up well.

The finale better not suck this season.