Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: ROCK THE BELLS 7/29 - TR

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or rage i was 30---12 rows deep and it was relatively safe. i saw rage at woodstock in 2k and was 3 rows from stage and that was the only time i ever feltreally unsafe at a show.
The feeling of being pressed from the front and the back and just moving your feet to stay upright really is terrifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was as bad right at the front as i've seen it, i stuck around through 6 songs or so and then surfed over the fence and walked to the back. it's really not that great being all the way at the front in a venue this huge, because they're still pretty freakin far away and it's so ridic loud

[/ QUOTE ]

woodstock was waaaaay worse- i seriously almost died. i spent the entire day working my way through 90-100k people towards the front of the stage for rage...in 100 degree heat on an airport runway. i was dehydrated and could see myself falling down and just getting stomped to oblivion.

it wasn't comfortable at randall's for sure, but i've experienced worse for sure.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:38 PM

yeah i am not a big concert guy, most of my experience with hazardous crowds is more of the really-drunk-kids-and-skinheads at H20 shows throwing elbows variety. so 'as bad as i've seen it' is probably not as bad as you've seen it, but there were definitely some big, strong dudes crying uncle in there.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:39 PM

Rage was completely insane. Zach is by far the most electrifying frontman for any band. He was crouching down resting during slower instrumentals and intros and then would literally explode with energy going absolutely [censored] nuts, it was insane to see. The venue was AWFUL, especially with the rain. The whole area was flooded with mud and sewage, it was completely [censored] disgusting. I got there for Black Star, who absolutely killed it. Rakim was a disappointment. PE was amazing. Cypress Hill was cool, but have seen them before and they were not as good as last time. Wu was solid but underwhelming IMO, was a good show but could have been great. Pretty pissed I missed MF Doom, Atmosphere and Sage Francis on the smaller stage, but w/e.

As I said, Rage was amazing. Particularly insane were Testify, Guerilla Radio, and Killing in the Name. Tom is such a completely insane guitarist. I never knew their bass player was as good as he was too, since he is pretty overwhelmed by Tom/Zach's famousness. But there was a pretty incredible bass solo which blew my mind.

Also, the 5 blunts w/ opium helped. Holy [censored] there was a lot of blunts in the crowd.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:11 AM

I posted my TR for sat in the other thread, pretty much my thoughts are echoed here.

Those who were there on sunday, did they run out of bottled water again?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted my TR for sat in the other thread, pretty much my thoughts are echoed here.

Those who were there on sunday, did they run out of bottled water again?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, they were throwing it out into the crowd throughout. when i surfed out of the pit they gave me a bottle as i walked out.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:29 AM

did they get the sound right on sunday? it was pretty bad for the saturday show.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 PM

I was there for the Sunday show. I'm surprised no one mentioned Rahzel basically mc'ing the main stage. Not that I'm an authority on hip-hop or anything but I thought this was one of the most entertaining parts. His freestyles were great and interactive, and obv his beatboxing skills are sweet too.

We showed up late obviously because we suck at life and basically didn't see anything of the entire park/shows except for cypress, PE, Wu and Rage.

One of the most hilarious/ridiculous things I thought was Flava Flav (obviously) spouting some ridiculous [censored] about racism and his flava of love tv shows. He literally took time out of PE's set to thank the crowd for supporting Flava of Love season one and for making Flava of Love season two one of the highest rated cable shows of all time - word for word. I mean it was funny, but also a little sad.

Imo Wu straight up killed it, although it would have been hard to disappoint me as they are basically my favorite rap act. I was happy to see meth up there taking charge and giving respect to ODB with shimmy shimmy ya, but was upset that my favorite member, ghostface, didn't make it. I actually assumed Meth wouldn't be there, but never assumed ghost wouldn't

As stated rage destroyed the place. I mean, even if you don't like their politics, sound, anything, you just have to love their energy and stage presence. And they got their song list right imo, basically playing through their first album (except know your enemy wtf?) and rarely straying from their more mainstream songs. Tom is definitely the most impressive guitarist I've ever seen live and Zach is just in a class of his own.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:32 PM

i gotta that seeing flava flav dance was a highlight of the day for me- as stupid as it is. One of the first tapes i bought when i was a kid was PE, and i remember videos of him doing the right hand twisting jab followed by the left hand twisting jab- it was absolutely hillarious to see in person.