Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $16.15
Hero (MP): $14.85
CO: $30.30
BTN: $37.85
SB: $48.90
BB: $14.25

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $2

River: ($11.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5</font>

Results: $11.10 Pot ($11.10 Rake)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and LOST (-$5.50 NET)
BB showed and LOST (-$5.50 NET)

Villain was a very loose, hard-to-read player. I think I made a big mistake not raising the flop, and I had no idea what to put him on on the turn. The best I could think of for the river bet was 'nothing or a monster'. Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: A9 vs mysterious holding

PF - raise to 1$ or at the very least pot it. (0.85). That said I don't like to play AT&lt; OOP like this.

Flop - Raise it up! he's donking into you and you've got an overcard plus your FD + BDstr8. Granted your overcard will not be live very often, but it does add equity against his range.

Turn - once you check this flop I'm not sure you should be betting here

River - Snap call. From the action I would only say AQ is beating you at this point (outside chance for TJhh too). AK, KK, QQ would pop you PF
Old 10-29-2007, 07:06 PM

Raise more preflop, raise his flop bet to 2.50. Check turn and instacall river.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:37 PM

ee Im like wow, interesting line really, but really bad tbh.

pf - fold. if You want to play dont bet small with small cards and bet big with big cards - I guess You're doing that, right? Btw A9 in MP really SUX if YOu dont have postflop skills, and as I see You are learning them. If You dont have good postflop skills then You should reduce that by good preflop skills, and obvious betting patterns pf is really not a great idea.

flop. raisy daisy that [censored] up. over+fd = great flop. RAISE THAT [censored] UP!

turn. completly missplayed. just check behind. Your hand wants a free card so use it. If You want to push him out of the hand right now, bet more not not 2/3 of the pot. bet like 75% or even 90%. Personally I take the free card here like 99% of the time, especially at the stakes You're playing.

river
that's a tricky. as played I just call it and definitly not raising coz of minraise at turn.

I guess he has Kx or Qx. rather Kx.