Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Working on a bad beat/bad run program

I am working on some kind of a bad beat calculator. It seems easy to do the calculations. Please tell me if I am missing something.

1 - I check the number of hands I have played in PT and check the number of times I have received key hands (AA-TT, AKs-AJs, AKo-AJo, KQs, KQ and QJs) and then compare that to the amount of times I statistically should have received them.

2 - I compare the numbers...e.g I have played 10000 hands and statistically I should have received AA (1/221 x 10000= 45) 45 times. If I have received it 40 times it means I have missed out on 5 x 2,69BB (as 2,69 is the average BB/hand for AA)

3 - I then put up all the numbers and can check how many BBs I am behind (or in front).

Obviously this only compares the amount of times I should have received certain cards...One might include winning percentage - one could receive AA the "right" amount of times but the winning percentage could be subnormal - and also one could include a range of hands.

I would most appreciate;

1 - General input

2 -Am I missing something?

3 - Would there be any interest in such a programme? Personally I would not charge anything but see it as a tool that would be nice to have when everything is going to pieces (which happens frequently with the sodding variance...)

Thank you all.