Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Cash Poker

Clonie was being such a miserable, obnoxious, smartass in the most recent episode I watched. When Vanessa Rousso rivered her, I was so happy to see Clonie get busted, and then start asking people for money. The look on her face was priceless.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:10 AM

clonie played the hand terribly and acted as if rousso had sucked out hardcore.
i dont think clonie even bet half the pot on the turn, and then just pushes all in on river with a hand that was easily beat.
terrible.

rousso is a joke though. she was acting sorry after then hand like a noob.

[ QUOTE ]
Clonie was being such a miserable, obnoxious, smartass in the most recent episode I watched. When Vanessa Rousso rivered her, I was so happy to see Clonie get busted, and then start asking people for money. The look on her face was priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-14-2007, 02:12 PM

yea gowen will always be a terible player, i dont get why people like her seem to think they are good, she musta made a good amount of rich fish in the past just playing ABC poker, she never even makes any moves.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think clonie even bet half the pot on the turn, and then just pushes all in on river with a hand that was easily beat.
terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call her a joke. I think she was sincerely trying to explain herself to Clonie. She may not have come off that well on TV but 98% of the people on this board would have come off the same way. It was a lucky river and Rousso was not going to state the obvious to Clonie so she kind of stammered her way through an explaination.

As for Clonie -- where to start? She played the hand badly and she looked like a newbie when Rousso said she thought she had to call the hand. People use talk like that ALL the time. Clonie was the nit for immediately telling her what she had. This after being a nit and giving Rousso enough rope to stay in it.

The look on Clonie's face was great. Someone needs to put a side by side of a touched by Maxim photo and her looking like she just left a john at the Boulevard and Oakey.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why, but I can't stand Vanessa Russo. She may not be a bad player, but she is definitely annyoing at the table. Not showing cards, talking borderline stuff like "I think I have to call" and such. In terms of table manners she is definitely on the come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, did you notice how after she left the player at her seat sometimes didn't have his card shown? There was obviously a techinical issue that they were trying to cover up by saying she wouldn't show her hole cards.

And I don't find her annoying at all, I think she's a good player and an interesting personality.

Btw, I couldn't help think in the pot vs Clowie that there seemed to be a different dynamic going on than in previous pots. Like it almost seemed like she didn't want to get bluffed by a chick. As an example, she laid down AK preflop to Medic who is a much more active player than Clowie so I don't think she has trouble getting away from hands.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for Clonie -- where to start? She played the hand badly and she looked like a newbie when Rousso said she thought she had to call the hand. People use talk like that ALL the time. Clonie was the nit for immediately telling her what she had. This after being a nit and giving Rousso enough rope to stay in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clonie looked bad by a) being so shocked that she didn't have the best hand (middle two is the nuts) and b) seeming to take it personally that Rousso drew out on her. And several segments later she couldn't let it go and was still talking about it.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 PM

Haha I saw this hand on TV I didn't think Clonie played that badly until the River. Going all in there is terrible and she's only going to get called by a better hand. Then VANESSA CALLS who probably CAN'T EVEN BEAT AN ALL-IN hand there. Just wow...the hell did she think Clonie had.. exactly JT? Maybe she put her on a bluff too I dunno. Both ladies didn't really impress me with their abilities.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 PM

Ahaha, im replaying the hand right now on my TiVo.

First, it starts with Clonie complaining about being the BB twice (nit). Then it goes raise by Medic w/ a2 off to 550 (blinds are 75/150), with and immediate call by V w/ a4 (SOOTED of course LOL). Clonie still complains away, Matusow says "...Let's GO...It's (the blinds) RIGHT" ahaha.

Clonie calls and flops two pair then gets all quiet. Check by Medic, bet by V (1200 into 1700ish who can tell really?). Clonie smooth calls, Medic folds.

Turn is a brick 5 of diamonds, now Clonie leads 2500 into 4100ish (who can tell LOL) I do like the lead there, but i don't know why V would continue in that spot. Ego maybe?

V asks Clonie how much more she has (11k total including that 2500 bet she just made). Then u all know the rest.

But that look Clonie gave V is priceless. Oh that was pure gold ahaha. She looked like V just took her b/f or something. ROFL
Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 PM

Old 02-17-2007, 10:23 PM

first,clonie shouldn't be allowed near the table without makeup.

second, vanessa said after calling that she thought she was ahead all the time because she didn't think clonie put her on having an ace the way she played the hand.