Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Odd Quiz, introductory concepts pt. 2.

1)
a) Call
b) Raising bloats the pot with a very small equity edge, and against an aggressive opponent I may get stuck essentially flipping for the dead money.
c) I bet any non spade non A turn for about pot. I check and fold the river if a spade falls on the turn unless of course it's Ts and I fill up on the river.
d) Raise non spades non As, fold spades. Villains make a mistake stacking off with an over+draw all too often on the turn but only rarely fire a third barrel when they miss

2)
a) Call
b) To try to draw out because nobody folds 2 pair and we have sufficient money behind for it
c) I bet a 9 or T and check behind anything else. With a read it would be possible to rep spades or JT or something, but unknowns just aren't folding 2 pair often enough for this to be profitable IMO
d) Raise when I hit a T, minraise a 9, D'oh forgot about cards that give us more outs. I guess I'd call on a Q J 7 or 6 turn
Old 08-30-2007, 04:08 PM

I call hand 1 for all the reasons mentioned, but mostly to make him make a large mistake on the turn (like crai/etc)

I dont get why everybody is folding hand 2...WE KNOW WHAT HE HAS. We are stacking him if we hit our T, can improve our hand with a straight draw, and have some pretty damn good bluff outs as well.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't even think hand 2 is debatable, it's a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure it's not debatable? You know what he has, you have position, and you have hidden equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you have enough hidden equity to continue. After a 9 he knows he's counterfeited and you will not win a big pot. The 3 nonspade 10's might get you some action, but they still complete both the QJ float and 76 as well as your actual hand and I doubt you're going to win a big pot there. Only time you win his stack is when a K and T both come on t/r
Old 08-30-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't even think hand 2 is debatable, it's a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure it's not debatable? You know what he has, you have position, and you have hidden equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you have enough hidden equity to continue. After a 9 he knows he's counterfeited and you will not win a big pot. The 3 nonspade 10's might get you some action, but they still complete both the QJ float and 76 as well as your actual hand and I doubt you're going to win a big pot there. Only time you win his stack is when a K and T both come on t/r

[/ QUOTE ]an average villain is stacking off on a non spade T 100% of the time.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:52 PM

lol @ people folding when you know what your opponent has.

caspers line is correct for hand 2.

[ QUOTE ]
We are stacking him if we hit our T, can improve our hand with a straight draw, and have some pretty damn good bluff outs as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 PM

i haven't seen part one so maybe a description is given there, but in hand 2 I think whether we get all-in on a T depends on the villian and there are no reads given at all. i think its slightly hypocritical to say we're stacking him on a T and also say we can bluff scare cards. overall tho i think i still call because hell we know what he has! hand 2 much more interesting than hand 1 which is, as everyone else has already stated, a call with plans to get a lot of money in on safe turns.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:08 PM

wtf are good bluff cards in hand 2 :/
Old 08-30-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ace, spades, 9, running straight cards, JJ/QQ runners
Old 08-30-2007, 05:12 PM

1a. Call
1b. We currently have the best hand, with > 50%, so putting money in is +EV. I don't want to raise when I only have a slight equity advantage. I'd rather wait to jam the pot on a safe turn. And I can, of course, safely fold if he hits a spade.
1c. I'm betting any blank, ~2/3 pot. Naturally checking behind if he hits a spade or an A.
1d. Raising any blank, ~2/3 pot, so I think that'd be around 100 total. Folding if he hits a spade or an A.

2a. Call
2b. 31 in pot, 14 to call. If we hit a T, we can stack him, giving us ~230 more in implied odds, around 16:1. We're 40:3 to hit, which is about 13:1.
2c. Checking behind on anything but a T. He's not folding.
2d. Folding on anything but a T. If we hit a T, I'm raising it to about 90, so we get the rest in on the river.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]pretty much just spades imo. We cant say we can stack him on a T but that we are going to use a J/Q as a bluff card to rep a better 2pr.