Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Which US Banks will accept checks from which Poker sites?

Buried in other threads, I have seen sporadic comments about certain banks located in the US aceepting/not accepting checks from certain poker sites, but there doesn't seem to be a thread tracking this consistently.

Could people please post their experiences depositing checks at US banks with specific Poker_site_check/Bank combinations? For example (real posts will say accepted OR denied, not accepted/denied):

Full Tilt Poker/Wachovia - accepted/denied
Full Tilt Poker/BofA - accepted denied
Party Poker/Wachovia - accepted/denied
Party Poker/BofA - accepted denied

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Which US Banks will accept checks from which Poker sites?

too funny
Your Subject Line could be
"Let's Announce in This Popular Public Forum Which Banks We Can Still Fool With Which Checks"

The Western Union leaks seemed to plug up after a lot of forum chat.

A newcomer post earlier this week got a lot of replies detailing which cards still work on which sites and describing some of the poker site checks being sent out.

Would we be interested to know where you work??

[ QUOTE ]
Could people please post their experiences depositing checks at US banks with specific Poker_site_check/Bank combinations?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...
Old 07-06-2007, 01:29 PM

This ranks up there with the "Post here if you are American playing on Party" thread.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM

It was my understanding that UIGEA targets the ability for US players to make DEPOSITS, not WITHDRAWLS. That said, based on the two responses above, I can see how this could be harmful to discuss. MODs: Feel free to delete.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This ranks up there with the "Post here if you are American playing on Party" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand what the big fuss is. I thought that withdrawing was perfectly fine, and the banks that aren't accepting those checks are just being stubborn, stupid, and ignorant?
Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 PM

It is true about deposits only being prohibited, but it's easier for banks to simply ban any transactions in either direction. The banks may be "stubborn, stupid, and ignorant", but they can choose to be so if they choose.

It's kind of an unofficial "Don't ask, don't tell" policy, where details and specifics are best not mentioned. This isn't an issue worth rattling the cage over on principle, unless you are willing to cost yourself potentially lots of money, but thousands of others peoples' money as well.

When I was a bit younger, I figured it was more important to be right and let others now they were wrong. With time, I've realized it's better to choose your battles carefully, and this battle isn't worth bringing to the forefront, as publicity would be bad for all.
Closed Thread