Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

"not only adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes "

What the hell are the 'negative data-base' and the 'black-list gazettes'??
Old 07-06-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes and forwarding your entire correspondence to your bank to let them view how you handled this matter like a cranky teenager.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is totally, utterly unacceptable.

Reef and Cake are like two hotheads screaming on a street corner over nothing. Suddenly Cake pulls out a gun and immediately everything else is irrelevant. It doesn't matter who started it or how big a jerk someone was. It's just an angry person pointing a gun.

Cake Poker, you would completely violate a customer's privacy, blacklist him, and destroy his banking relationships because he was rude? That's all I will remember about this thread in one week. I don't see how I could ever trust you with my business.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"not only adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes "

What the hell are the 'negative data-base' and the 'black-list gazettes'??

[/ QUOTE ]

Online gambling sites share databases on people that commit fraud including charging back. If he ended up in that database any new site he signed up for would lock his account immediately if they shared that database.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:53 PM

"Your account at Cake Poker is closed for one reason and one reason only; you stated that you would charge back. Even to imply that you are going to charge back is still an act of premeditated fraud. This matter is closed in the eyes of Cake Poker and any further belligerent emails received will result in Cake Poker not only adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes and forwarding your entire correspondence to your bank to let them view how you handled this matter like a cranky teenager."

Wow, Reef, the whole paragraph unedited paints an entirely different picture than was originally posted. This email implies that your account is closed, it's done with, and if you try to email them shouting and screaming they will go onto the next step of reporting you.

The way I read the above, nothing will be reported if you just go away quietly, and it is their right to service who they choose. But, since apparently you like to SHOUT ABOUT HOW UNFRAIR IT ALL IS AND HOW THE SITE IS UNJUSTLY TREATING YOU, they are saying shut up, or they are willing to go to the next step.

In the OP it highly implied you were going to be reported and blacklisted, in the full quote it's not at all apparent that that's the case, so at the very least you are being very disengenious in the orginal post, if anything you are the one doing the slandering.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Your account at Cake Poker is closed for one reason and one reason only; you stated that you would charge back. Even to imply that you are going to charge back is still an act of premeditated fraud. This matter is closed in the eyes of Cake Poker and any further belligerent emails received will result in Cake Poker not only adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes and forwarding your entire correspondence to your bank to let them view how you handled this matter like a cranky teenager."

Wow, Reef, the whole paragraph unedited paints an entirely different picture than was originally posted. This email implies that your account is closed, it's done with, and if you try to email them shouting and screaming they will go onto the next step of reporting you.

The way I read the above, nothing will be reported if you just go away quietly, and it is their right to service who they choose. But, since apparently you like to SHOUT ABOUT HOW UNFRAIR IT ALL IS AND HOW THE SITE IS UNJUSTLY TREATING YOU, they are saying shut up, or they are willing to go to the next step.

In the OP it highly implied you were going to be reported and blacklisted, in the full quote it's not at all apparent that that's the case, so at the very least you are being very disengenious in the orginal post, if anything you are the one doing the slandering.

[/ QUOTE ]

how are people still defending cake in this situation? jesus christ.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how are people still defending cake in this situation? jesus christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea lol...
Old 07-07-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you own stock in cake or work for them?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st email to cakepoker:
WHY DOES MY CAKE ACCOUNT NOT HAVE MONEY BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED? AS OF NOW THIS IS A FRAUDULENT CHARGE AND I WILL DISPUTE IT.

-----

* $ gets put into account after I called them out on it *

-----

2nd email to cakepoker:
ok, I will not reverse the charge, but I will advertise to everyone on the internet forums about the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reef,

With reference to other posts, thank you for copying the full paragraph as requested. Like Knighthawk, I think this starts to paint a different picture from your OP.

Now, if I may ask, please post a copy of their reply to your "1st email to cakepoker", above, and a copy of your response to it, (which led to their Security Manager becoming involved).

Please also post a copy of his e-mail, to which you responded before you wrote your "2nd email to cakepoker", as stated above. (In fact, it seems that may have been your 3rd e-mail.)

It might also help us get to grips with the course of communications if you posted a copy of their immediate response to your "I will advertise to everyone on the internet forums about the situation."

Thanks very much.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:56 AM

Is this what you're asking for Mike Haven? I realize my OP was kind of sparknotes/fragmented.
-------------------------------------------

I think people deserve to know whenever any kind of cashier issue occurs from an online site, however trivial it may be.

After they credit my account

I am not sure if my bank has started a chargeback or not. I tell cake I am not going to touch the money (until I know that the bank will not chargeback since I am not in the business of fraud esp for $54). My bank replies that I have to go fill out a form and emailing them does nothing anyway.

I send this email:

cake writes:
[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your email. Your purchased has already been reversed by our Cashier team. What exactly are you going to advertise to Internet forums? That there was a problem with your purchase and when you contacted us we rectified it immediately?

Kind Regards,
Gianfranco
CakePoker Security

[/ QUOTE ]

my reply:

[ QUOTE ]
I make several attempts to buy into cake poker
support tells me there is nothing they can do about my failed debit card purchase
support recommends epassporte (which I don't have or plan on getting)
my cake poker account is at $0
Yet I see bank charge and start the process to reverse it with bank
Cake poker backtracks from previous emails: blames processor for delay
Cake does not even notify me that transactions later went through that they claimed were failed after several deposit attempts by me and 2 emails in which they say nothing can be done
This was my first deposit, and I giving up afterwards on cake
The money would have just stayed in the cake account dormant had I not specifically checked my bank statement
Cake then threatens to report me to processor agency if I go through with reversal

[/ QUOTE ]

I was clearly not going to do a chargeback after they had credited me (as the email I sent to them earlier had said)

very shortly afterwards, I try to log into my account it is locked. I send email in OP and they reply with email quotes from OP.
--------------------------------------------------------

I realize I didn't handle it as well as I could have ... was probably on tilt from them during it and not thinking clear. But I do think CS could have done much better too. Just reading this thread kinda tilts me.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this what you're asking for Mike Haven? I realize my OP was kind of sparknotes/fragmented.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not that one. That seems to be your third e-mail.

[ QUOTE ]
I tell cake I am not going to touch the money (until I know that the bank will not chargeback since I am not in the business of fraud esp for $54). My bank replies that I have to go fill out a form and emailing them does nothing anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one in which you tell Cake that you're not going to touch the money, and their reply to it, please.

Thanks.