Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Default (1/2) Nut Straight on Drawy Board OOP

Villain seemed like a fairly bad LAG.
Not sure if I butchered this hand or played it well. Didn't want to create an enormous pot OOP with a million scare cards to come. Likewise didn't want to get it all-in against a hand that could be freerolling me hard.
Despite villain playing fairly loose, I'd been playing reasonably tight and didn't think he'd raise my flop bet without a fairly big hand, most likely the same straight as mine.
I thought I'd played it close enough to represent something like top two + NFD or something like that to bluff the river. Good bluff/bad bluff?

Thoughts on all streets greatly appreciated.

Poker Stars - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $242.05
Hero (BB): $277.60
UTG: $316.50
MP: $123.00
CO: $110.40
BTN: $265.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $6.00</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls $4.00

Flop: ($13) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $30.35</font>, Hero calls $24.35

Turn: ($73.70) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $70.70</font>, Hero calls $70.70

River: ($215.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $108.00</font>
Old 07-28-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: (1/2) Nut Straight on Drawy Board OOP

I think you gotta repot the turn. I don't really like the river bet, all it serves to do is force out a split but I don't think it's likely he has that. If he has rivered a flush, he's not folding it, especially since it's the ace of that suit coming out, so you're less likely to have had the nfd.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:15 AM

I dont like the river bet much because any flush calls, and the bare straight villian is unlikely to fold because you dont call a turn pot bet on a naked flush draw when a made straight is on the board. If you had made straight and flush draw you probably would have gotten it allin on the turn, so villian will discount that you were free-rolling him. Additionally, can you ever fold a reraise for 63 more dollars getting almost 8 to 1 on the call?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:26 AM

reraise turn
check river and cry to his bet
Old 07-28-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since it's the ace of that suit coming out, so you're less likely to have had the nfd.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this works better if its not the ace that comes - does he really think you will call his bets with a K high flush draw??

against a bad lag i repot the turn, against a nitty player i fold the flop
Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 AM

I think the flop was played fine....The turn and river are about as bad as I think you could play them... I'm confused at the fact you didn't want to play a big pot cause it was a drawy board and then you shove when the spade hits the river? I agree w/ wazz that you needed to repot the turn...Pretty much a cluster F the way you played it.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:02 AM

pot the flop if he is still willing to reraise you hard then it smells like a freeroll to me and im not going to risk my remaining 255 dollars on a 13 pot to simply get my money back, if he was is raising with something like set and fd than you are dog in that situation also, no shame in folding the flop
Old 07-28-2007, 12:57 PM

This is a really sexy line on the flop if he thinks that you're weak-tight and will weak lead and fold to a raise with T7. You absolutely, absolutely, absolutely have to repot the turn though. Villian could easily have a set or a bare flush draw here and you don't want to let him chase unless he's going to get his whole stack in here. You're way ahead of his range here, but you're vulnerable and you need to get stacks in now.

I don't like the river either, but that's irrelevant because you should never be putting yourself in that position on the turn. FWIW, if he folded to your river bet, that doesn't mean it was a good bluff, it means you missed $200 of value against T7, a set, or a club draw that would have likely called a check/raise on the turn.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Is it really standard to not jam the nutz on the flop because of how drawy the board is and you have no redraws?
Old 07-28-2007, 01:58 PM

Is this for real? Raise flop or raise turn.

And why the heck would you bet the river?