Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: high stakes absolute players

[ QUOTE ]
The most damning piece of evidence I can provide is Graycat is 66/58 preflop in my PT DB, avg 8.2 players at the table.

He goes to showdown 32.5, wins 74%. Obv he is running 22BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone take a look at their data from other sites and see if they can find anything similar. I wonder if this is going on other places, too.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:55 AM

do u guys think they are all the same guy?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:29 AM

i think graycat and steamroller are the same person..doubledrag i think was someone different..if which i beleive he concieveably had the ability to read and see someone elses cards he played very agr. and overlooked all players thinking he had the ability to do so. I mean playing the way he did and beating the best players in both nl and limit games for 300k in a week and then dumping everything seemed guilty of something which i really would like to find out. Like Dean said from the few hands we have shown he seems like a lunatic...but to win every session playing this way agianst the best limit players on the site for 100's of thousands i can't see without an edge we do not know about.....Like i said in my first post i trully have never seen any player win so much money and play like as if they knew your hand ever until i saw these players especially doubledrag. I trully hope I am wrong because a'lot of us guys have worked on our game to be able to constistently be profitable..I feel that their is an edge these players had specifically doubledrag, had on all other players, i'm not sure what it intales but i have taken a step back from online poker since i have played him.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:24 AM

If you are really concerned that they are cheating, datamine them for a while and put together a meaningful sample.

I would be interested in seeing how it pans out.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:54 AM

Well damn it. I was just about to swing a lot of money into Absolute because of their ridiculous high stakes interest program. This makes me think twice. And then a third time. I would love to see a sample size of over 5000 or so hands if anyone has the desire to datamine for that long.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are really concerned that they are cheating, datamine them for a while and put together a meaningful sample.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Well damn it. I was just about to swing a lot of money into Absolute because of their ridiculous high stakes interest program. This makes me think twice. And then a third time. I would love to see a sample size of over 5000 or so hands if anyone has the desire to datamine for that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the chances that these guys continue operating under these sceen names is minimal given the reports of recent chipdumping and this thread. Probably the only way to get a decent sample size on them would be to have a bunch of people combine databases or something.

Also, it looks like if they are in fact seeing other peoples cards, they are likely seeing everyones cards. What is technical feasability of this? To see one persons cards, all it would take would be to install a trojan on their computer, right? But to see everyones cards, they'd basically have to hack the site? If this is possible online poker is probably f*cked if/when it gets out.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the chances that these guys continue operating under these sceen names is minimal given the reports of recent chipdumping and this thread. Probably the only way to get a decent sample size on them would be to have a bunch of people combine databases or something.

Also, it looks like if they are in fact seeing other peoples cards, they are likely seeing everyones cards. What is technical feasability of this? To see one persons cards, all it would take would be to install a trojan on their computer, right? But to see everyones cards, they'd basically have to hack the site? If this is possible online poker is probably f*cked if/when it gets out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive had a conversation with two programmers who said its certainly within the realm of possibility that someone could do this, however they have no experience with online poker or whatever measures the sites take against this so who really knows.

One thing ive seen is that neither greycat or steamroller plays very much, at least not from what I see. Seems to me if they were just rich fish they would be at the tables far more, that type just strikes me as more of the "addicted" crowd.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 AM

if they were cheating, they'd want to be playing a lot more too.

and anyone who is clever enough to hack the [censored] a site, i would expect would be clever enough to play in a way that doesnt set off any warning bells.

it's really not hard for them to just play straight forward and crush the games making the occasional brilliant fold, perfectly timed bluff raise, or other things that nobody would notice.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:13 AM

Steamroller told me he was into "oil" and was an executive out of Miami...then a few months later someone asked his occupation he stated he was a moneymanager making 3.5mil and just having fun. Then i watched him play most recently and a railbird asked his occupation and the railbird said is it poker? he put "basically"....why would you wire in 400k on absolute to play the 150/300 limit game? I guess it's possible but he plays just the 10/20nl game too..what's even more interesting is why would you put 400k on absolute if you never lose, i just don't buy it. I would assume he had accumilated that through his winnings on the site. Doubledrag scares me the most though, we will see if any of these players show up at the tables in the next few weeks...if i see any of the same betting patterns with new nicknames i will post their names.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:16 AM

Dead,

A tiny bit of puncuation and spacing goes a long way.