FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: split bbv?
no 24 53.33%
yes 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Stop sucking up to me like I'm a mod or something.

Srsly, we got enuff gibberish on this forum, we don't need to [censored] import it from elsewhere by a guy who was making '100-unit bets' last year, and misreporting his record then, and saying how he's undefeated ldo and etc.

If he wins our bet then gg AF, but reposting nonsense is totally unnecessary. Isn't one I HAS LOCKXS thread enough, we have to put that stupidity in every thread now?

Suggestion: every time someone seriously says XYZ is 'a lock, a guarantee, can't lose' make them offer 10-1 odds to everyone on the forum up to $100. If XYZ is already > 10-1, then make it 100-1 odds. If they back out, temp ban for a week. If they come back and post 'locks' again, permaban.
If they post someone else's 'locks' same thing.

Sugg 2: All 'locks' from now on must go in I HAS LOCKS thread, otherwise temp ban, 2nd offense perma ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are some great ideas. Thanks for looking out for the forum, especially against "outsiders".

What do you suggest we do to people who lie about their W/L record or units won? You know, like you have done in the NCAA Football threads, and like you have done for years. Should we ban them, like you were banned form that other forum?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:55 PM

lol at your phrase prejudice, i don't see anything in the post you quoted that remotely resembles a claim of a bet being a lock, at least not in the eyes of someone with the slightest bit of reading comprehension
Old 09-19-2007, 06:58 PM

your 7th and 8th posts here have been tremendous, looking fwd to you continuing to add value to the board!

Or something.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your 7th and 8th posts here have been tremendous, looking fwd to you continuing to add value to the board!

Or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is relevant to your apparent inability to comprehend english how?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 PM

the 2nd half of this thread is just as informative as the first!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

another niners homer here wanting to chime in...

Willie Parker and the Steelers strength is actually inside running(despite his obvious speed to the outside). with the niners running the 3-4 without an experienced big fella in the middle to clog it up we are entirely vulnerable to that kind of run game. Against the Rams Bruce got open for passes of 37, 23, 22, and 27 yards in addition to the underneath stuff you mentioned. As far as us not getting beat deep all year, what is your criteria for deep? 2 ints in two games for our secondary is ok, but nothing to brag about i don't think. We do have some good speed in the LB corp and Clements is an excellent tackler on his side of the field, which is why I see Pitt pounding it up inside against us. We blitz a lot this year, and there have been numerous times where we were not in 2 deep coverage.... Did you see how many times we sent Nate last week? If we can't pass the ball against the Rams, why do you think we can against a traditionally strong defensive team like Pitt? I don't mean to just disagree with you, but rather enjoy hearing other perspectives.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 PM

If any of you don't like this thread,then please simply put me on ignore or don't click on the thread. I'm very confused why posters like Thremp seem to waste so much of their time on threads they don't like.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If any of you don't like this thread,then please simply put me on ignore or don't click on the thread. I'm very confused why posters like Thremp seem to waste so much of their time on threads they don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to return to the community. Like protecting them from your idiocy. Don't you have me on ignore or say you were doing that last year?

Or is that another one of your ploys?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 PM

Some of us don't want n00bs following 100-unit wagers. I think that is very *easy* to understand.

Why have rules against spam? After all, you could just ignore it. Why have rules against promoting other websites?

Also, we have a Sporting Events forum. This is not it.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:31 AM

So you guys post here to let others know not to follow my picks? Ok, they now know that. So what other reasons do you have for posting in the thread? Will you now stop posting in it since you have already notified everyone that you don't think they should follow my advice?