Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Don\'t EVER transfer money on PokerStars, don\'t even send first

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone dumping on OP. Raze did nothing wrong. He's an honest transferer. Some guy sent him 1K first. He sent back 1K. He did not scam anyone, even though he could have easily. I commend him on his honesty.

This is the FIRST POST EVER I have read about someone getting ripped off by having someone send first on Stars. I don't fault him for getting ripped off.

Someone please post a link to another post of someone getting ripped off by being sent first on Stars if they can find it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree for the most part. Yes, I understand Stars' position, and it doesn't shock me that this could happen...but for the most part, if I received a transfer first, I would expect I was good to go. I have always wondered about chargebacks though, which is one of the biggest reasons I've avoided helping out with transfers. This could put a bit more of a chill on the transfer thread, unfortunately for those who truly need it.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 PM

These Poker Sites are not online BANKS. So when you continue to do transfers to people on one site for money on another what more can you expect? Don't blame the sites, blame the damn U.S. Government for trying to block us from gambling with our money.

-Brendan
Old 10-10-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone dumping on OP. Raze did nothing wrong. He's an honest transferer. Some guy sent him 1K first. He sent back 1K. He did not scam anyone, even though he could have easily. I commend him on his honesty.

This is the FIRST POST EVER I have read about someone getting ripped off by having someone send first on Stars. I don't fault him for getting ripped off.

Someone please post a link to another post of someone getting ripped off by being sent first on Stars if they can find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no op Sent 1.0k and received 1.1K. THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH. Why would this guy do this when Neteller / Epassport are available. OP should of thought why does this guy want to pay 10% juice.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough, but if this guy is under investigation, why is he permitted to transfer out his illicit balance in the first place? If they would lock down his account transfers along with standard cash-out options (assuming they did so), this BS wouldn't even be possible, and because of this, I feel Stars is a lot more responsible for this incident than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when the transfer was made they had no idea about the fraud yet. It takes time for the charge-backs to show up or for the e-check to bounce. The scam artist basically has 3 to 25-30 days depending on what service they are defrauding to find someone to make a trade with.

Before the scamer would have a second account and just withdrawal the money but sites got better at detecting that so now they need to find someone to trade with.

Was the trade initiated on here? I'd explain the situation to Stars. Get documentation from Party. Show them the chat on an independent site where you met this lowlife etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also... They wouldn't let him "cashout," just play the money. You let him "cashout" sorta.

HEY POKERSTARS, why won't you let him cashout, but you WILL let him transfer???? I don't think you should let a player tranfer uncertified funds. It should be the same policy as a cashout. It would stop some of this kind of stuff immediately.

JMHO

-------------Kitty

[/ QUOTE ]

they wont let you transfer unless you win money over the amount deposited then you have access to transfer until the e check clears.. so this was winnings over the amount deposited so therefore these funds should not be confiscated
Old 10-10-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

no op Sent 1.0k and received 1.1K. THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH. Why would this guy do this when Neteller / Epassport are available. OP should of thought why does this guy want to pay 10% juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have paid crazy vig amounts for transfers before if you have ever followed the person to person thread. Although Party transfer requests are suspicious because non-Americans don't really need to request transfers.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 PM

If you can't trust anonymous strangers on the internet with made up names with hundreds of dollars, who can you trust?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't trust anonymous strangers on the internet with made up names with hundreds of dollars, who can you trust?

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars?

gg
Old 10-11-2007, 12:21 AM

You got defrauded because you trusted a complete stranger who offered you a chance to make an easy $100.

The money you received is apparently stolen. It still belongs to its original owner and you have no legal or moral claim to it. It's unfortunate you got involved but that's the risk you took.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:53 AM

At Full Tilt you have to have an established time period of successful deposits with credit cards/ neteller type deposits before being allowed to transfer those funds. (at least according to their cashier area)

Does Stars have a similar policy? If not- how is it that Stars is actually behind Tilt on something like this when on support they are light years ahead?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:17 AM

I half grunched, but didn't see anyone tell this guy to contact FTP and try to get them in touch with Stars about this. I don't think they'd let the account you transfered to cash out without some playthrough.