Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Madden Improvements

I think one of the major problems with Madden is the fact that each year instead of just building on and improving the previous years version, they try to almost overhaul the game. I thought the version before QB vision was almost perfect. Here are my pet peeves.

1. Kicking is super easy this year, even from 50+.
2. Pump fake never works.
3. I agree that DB vision is kinda ridiculous. So many picks are the DB catching the ball over his shoulder when he is not even facing the line of scrimmage.
4. If you the drop back quarter your three down lineman will get instant pressure 80 percent of the time. Totally unstoppable, unless you run a screen.5
5. They hardly ever update the team scores properly. Cleveland still blows, pitt is ranked over 90, etc.
6. The highlight stick needs a nerf big time. I simply hit it and my back does the perfect move in that situation. No skill at all.
6. Also, why does everyone try to quickly change to the pats right before the start screen. So annoying.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Madden Improvements

[ QUOTE ]
I think one of the major problems with Madden is the fact that each year instead of just building on and improving the previous years version, they try to almost overhaul the game. I thought the version before QB vision was almost perfect. Here are my pet peeves.

1. Kicking is super easy this year, even from 50+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I really like 08 but special teams is the glaring weakness they need to overhaul, in all aspects.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Pump fake never works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never use it, I'll take your word.

[ QUOTE ]
3. I agree that DB vision is kinda ridiculous. So many picks are the DB catching the ball over his shoulder when he is not even facing the line of scrimmage.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my other big complaint, it is wayyyy too hard to throw it to the outside WR's if you eschew cheesy jetpacking . I've improved greatly in every area of the game since getting it, but I still can barely get my WR's involved, and I use the colts. WR Screen play is almost always an INT, WR Curl the db shoves in front of him and picks it routinely, deep outs the same thing. I've found myself having to use a formulaic, very conservative offense to play it safe.

[ QUOTE ]
4. If you the drop back quarter your three down lineman will get instant pressure 80 percent of the time. Totally unstoppable, unless you run a screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm never tried this one luckily I play in a league with anti-cheese rules so this would prob be outlawed.

[ QUOTE ]
5. They hardly ever update the team scores properly. Cleveland still blows, pitt is ranked over 90, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they've done a good job, the Pack are up from a 74 to an 89, the cowboys up to a 93, etc. Cleveland is not actually a great team if you break it down, their D is a sieve and most of their skill players are very young. Pitt is prob a playoff team with many skilled players and veterans, they won the super bowl a couple years ago, I think they still deserve to be a 90.

[ QUOTE ]
6. The highlight stick needs a nerf big time. I simply hit it and my back does the perfect move in that situation. No skill at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strongly disagree here. There are many moves you can do with the stick depending on the direction you hit it, the physics of your player when you hit it, your weapon icon, and how forcefully you hit it. The highlight stick makes running more than just jamming the D-pad in a general direction and doin an occasional juke or spin move like the old games. I also don't find it overpowered as most opponents have a lot of trouble running on me.