Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Giving Thanks

wow ask me last year if i'm thankful for a politics forum on a poker message board. this is seriously [censored]
Old 11-22-2007, 02:11 PM

great idea for a thread!

i think we should all be thankful for our health and our families. cliche but important.

i've thanked mat and ryan et al. for the administration and work & what not that goes into this place but it couldn't hurt to do it again...and i'd like to thank the mods that have actual work to do (i.e. OOT, politics etc....vs. a place like HSL which simply requires the occasional action)

additionally, and despite what many of you would think, i would like to thank the austrians on this board who have argued with me and put up w/ my crap but in the end have taught me a lot. as a former government economist and mathematical finance major and more recently hedge fund investment analyst i've taken for granted many "truths" instilled in me throughout the years. clearly many of those are now in my mind proven spurious or false.

so thanks to all who have contributed to that knowledge (that includes you borodog)

happy turkey day to all.

Barron
Old 11-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Many many thanks to iron for his awesome modding in the most difficult forum to mod evar.

I would also like to give thanks for:
Ron Paul
the rEVOLution
Lew Rockwell
teh intarwebs
2+2
Boro
Bill Belichick / Scott Pioli / Tom Brady / Randy Moss
Lenovo's one day 20% off X series coupon
and oh so many other things for which I should be grateful.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:46 PM

I'm thankful for all the suckers who have real jobs which produce all the necessary goods that I need in order to live so that I can play poker and take the money that said suckers have earned producing said goods.

I'm also thankful for Ron Paul. And chocolate chip cookies. Ron Paul also likes chocolate chip cookies. One day I'd like to sit down with Ron Paul, eat some chocolate chip cookies, and talk about how awesome chocolate chip cookies are, and how stupid the government is. I'd let Ron Paul have some cookies too though. I wouldn't be a dick and eat all the cookies myself. If Ron Paul started talking about the 4000 babies he delivered, I would try to politely steer the conversation in another direction. Babies are gooey and they hurl and crap a lot. It's not a good subject to talk about while you're eating cookies.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:34 PM

I'm thankful that this thread hasn't been derailed by any AC comments yet.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thankful for all the suckers who have real jobs which produce all the necessary goods that I need in order to live so that I can play poker and take the money that said suckers have earned producing said goods.

I'm also thankful for Ron Paul. And chocolate chip cookies. Ron Paul also likes chocolate chip cookies. One day I'd like to sit down with Ron Paul, eat some chocolate chip cookies, and talk about how awesome chocolate chip cookies are, and how stupid the government is. I'd let Ron Paul have some cookies too though. I wouldn't be a dick and eat all the cookies myself. If Ron Paul started talking about the 4000 babies he delivered, I would try to politely steer the conversation in another direction. Babies are gooey and they hurl and crap a lot. It's not a good subject to talk about while you're eating cookies.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol A-
Old 11-22-2007, 04:08 PM

So everyone attacks Boro for that other thread but no one attacks him for this super-mega-gay thread? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So everyone attacks Boro for that other thread but no one attacks him for this super-mega-gay thread? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's the american in us all [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 11-22-2007, 04:36 PM

The softer side of Borodog.

I am also thankful for Barron. I think he is a very knowledgeable person, and also entertaining, and I expect to learn a lot about economics and grow to be more confident in why exactly I think certain things from reading his perspective here (assuming he keeps posting). It's nice to hear fair, rational economic discussion. (And I mean that in all seriousness, obviously in exclusion of the first thread he posted here, in case that comes off as a joke.)
Old 11-22-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot drunk.