Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Default QQ hand

TAG opens, i 3-bet QQ, BB (villain) CCs and TAG calls

Flop is AT9, 2 diamonds.

Checked to me and I bet, villain calls.

Villain shows up as a 52/8/.25 in my PAHUD. He has done nothing to stand out, c/c'd down with top pair a few times and just been a typical donk.

The turn pairs the 9.

He checks, I bet, he pauses and then c/r's.

I decided that this c/r is BS a lot of the time and i'm going to call down. He will "bluff" showdownable hands like JTo IMO and i don't think he'd raise something like A8 here because, well, donks don't do that. I guess he COULD have AK but i also think he could turn hands into bluffs.

I know that guys like the one i described don't bluff but i often find that when they do, it's a donkey play.

Anyway now the river comes the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he bets and i fold.

Should i have folded the turn?
Should i have called the river?
I think this question has more to do with the "mind of a donk" than anything. So basically like what i'm saying is this. Is i'll play hands like, i open KK, 52/3/.1 CCs. Flop is J73, i bet he calls. Turn 4, i bet he calls. River A, i bet he raises i call and he shows 97o. Anybody else or is my memory hurting and not helping?

fwiw i don't think i played this hand well but plz to be keeping the hate on the side. tone is at an all time low. holler.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: QQ hand

[ QUOTE ]

fwiw i don't think i played this hand well but plz to be keeping the hate on the side. tone is at an all time low. holler.

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Seriously though, the tone is really at an all time low? I hadnt noticed. Everything seems hunky-doory to me.

About the hand. If this guy's stats are legit, I would just bet/fold the turn. If I knew I wasnt gonna fold to a check/raise then I would just check the turn (unless Im against a maniac) and call the river. Given that you called the turn, folding that river looks good to me, but I really dont know. Honestly, I dont know if I have ever been in that spot in my whole poker career becuz if I bet the turn in that spot its always becuz I have a very easy fold or a very profitable calldown once checkraised no matter what the river card is.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:34 PM

pretty easy fold on the river calling the turn is a judgement call i would usually muck it, but you cant beat anything at the river but a complete bluff
Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty easy fold on the river calling the turn is a judgement call i would usually muck it, but you cant beat anything at the river but a complete bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

He beats QJ/J8/Tx/something retarded. Just playing devils advocate. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The bottom line is we should never be in this situation on the river.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:07 AM

ILP i'm basically with you 100% but still just think it's good to take a look back at spots that have become standard for me

so if i call the turn i shouldn't fall the river, right?
Old 09-29-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ILP i'm basically with you 100% but still just think it's good to take a look back at spots that have become standard for me

so if i call the turn i shouldn't fall the river, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in this particular spot, since I would advocate a fold on the turn I would certainly advocate a fold on the river. But if I ever bet/call with this hand on that turn it will be becuz this is the easiest river call ever. If you actually think QJ/J8 are in his range then I would call the river. Really it just comes down to putting this guy on a realistic range and then doing a little math.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:58 AM

U know u r beating JTo ya?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
U know u r beating JTo ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy can have JT in this spot then the river has to be an easy call. If the villain's stats are over a decent sample size, then I dont think this is the case.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
52/8/.25

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it exactly as you have and feel confident calling the river knowing this is a weirdo and I am making the right decision
Old 09-29-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
52/8/.25

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it exactly as you have and feel confident calling the river knowing this is a weirdo and I am making the right decision

[/ QUOTE ]

But this cant be right. If you know youre gonna call a turn check/raise here, then you shouldnt bet the turn.