Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what should i do with the $$$$?
freeroll for BBV 153 49.20%
coinflip it with grimstarr 86 27.65%
send it back 8 2.57%
actually send him it on neteller 64 20.58%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers.

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys serious? charging vig? what a total joke

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1.There are risks associated with transferring money to other accounts even if someone sends first.
2.There are a lot of people who have been scammed on this site and others.
I see nothing wrong with a vig for someone's time and help from someone who is reputable and trustworthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see the difference between helping out your buddies on these forums and money laundering, can be figured out by one simple thing. Do you profit from it or not?

If you are profiting from transferring money back and forth you are no longer just a nice average joe, you are a criminal.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are profiting from transferring money back and forth you are no longer just a nice average joe, you are a criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line is gold. Let's see...banks, brokerages, credit cards companies, the list goes on - all of them criminals by your definition.

What Teddy is doing is a simple service, just like any of the above institutions.

Teddy...please tell me you have Prima $$...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:31 PM

Sorry, no prima [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You see the difference between helping out your buddies on these forums and money laundering, can be figured out by one simple thing. Do you profit from it or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there's two groups of people that get together for trades on here.

There are those who have money stuck on different sites, and can help each other out by trading money to sites where they want it. Mutually beneficial.

Then there are those who have large amounts of money they want to move around and/or cash out, who may not be able to find a partner that needs the opposite. That's where guys charging vig come in. These guys, for the most part, don't need money moved anywhere themselves, likely because they're non-US players who have no problem moving money. There are all sorts of risks involved - being scammed, having play requirements to take newly transferred money out, having money frozen by sites (just ask Kyleb), etc. Not to mention all the time involved. I don't think it's unreasonable for these people to ask for some compensation.

As to "helping out your buddies", I'm sure that happens all the time on here...more than likely quietly by PM. People in this thread for the most part don't really know a damn thing about each other.

It was one thing when the whole Neteller fiasco crashed down and there were lots of people helping out Americans with their money stuck without charging them. That was a short-term problem that had a lot of people stuck. And many of those that helped got their NT accounts frozen and even shut down as a result.

What we're dealing with now is far from a short-term problem. This could go on for a long time. What the vig-charging money traders are doing is moving money for those who make a profit from the game, for the most part. It's not like they're charging to move money to a relief fund in Africa...it's for POKER!!

Illegal? What's your point? Would you rather that all of these guys pulled out and stopped moving money? If you don't like it, don't deal with them.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 PM

funny guy teddy, everyone i have talked to thinks it's an absolute joke
Old 08-17-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This line is gold. Let's see...banks, brokerages, credit cards companies, the list goes on - all of them criminals by your definition.

What Teddy is doing is a simple service, just like any of the above institutions.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see the difference between credit card companies, brokerages, and banks is that what they are doing is actually legal business. Transferring funds across poker sites involving us players is illegal. The uigea that was recently passed is your guide. I suggest you read it, before commenting on something you know nothing about.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You see the difference between credit card companies, brokerages, and banks is that what they are doing is actually legal business. Transferring funds across poker sites involving us players is illegal. The uigea that was recently passed is your guide. I suggest you read it, before commenting on something you know nothing about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, what's your point?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 PM

I'm not happy about it, but it is worth in my situation. Avoiding the process of setting up semi-trustworthy ewallet accounts on new sites and the risk and hassle they come with is worth 4%.

It probably should be closer to 2% but I don't have any kind of reputation on this site, nor do many others in this thread. There is certainly a risk being taken with a lot of transfers to unknowns.

Also, I'm still looking for CakePoker, any amount up to 1k, I have fulltilt
Old 08-17-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it is kind of messed up to charge vig. We are supposed to be a community where we help others. The money should be made off of the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just include a statement in any posting saying "will not pay vig" or "vigless transfer only please". This will stop those wanting vig from PMing. The downside is if you need the transfer in a very short time frame, in which case your requested transfer might not be matched. Also the amount of the requested transfer can sometimes be matched only by those wanting vig.

Also some of those wanting vig are very reliable and trustworthy for transfers.