Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 AM

Default More Detroit poker info

MGM
I heard from another person that they plan to cater to the higher limit players. I'm sure that no one will know exactly what will happen until they open, but I don't think that idea will last...although I like it. They still only plan on having 8 tables

Greektown
I met a friend there and walked into the poker room very briefly on a weeknight, around 8pm. Most the tables looked to be full, however I don't think they had a $5-10NL game going. Table 1 was a $300 max game and that used to be the bigger game in the past. I admit that I didn't look hard for one.

Motor City
I talked to the poker room manager and he said that the e-tables would be gone in about a month, month and a half because they will be remodeling. I don't know if they'll be back or not, but it doesn't look like they need 2 of these tables since they're rarely full from what I can see. He said they they've petitioned management to add more tables, but that hasn't been approved as of yet. Time will tell, but hopefully they'll get more tables in there before MGM opens. I like the place a lot and think management does a good job. I'm not sure how long that online reservation system will last since it seems to upset a lot of other players. One thing that would be great would be if they somehow allowed people that play a lot to use the signature lounge!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: More Detroit poker info

Do you have a date for MGM's poker room opening? TY for the updates Otter.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

October 2nd

Otter, Greektown hasn't had a 5/10NL the past few times I've been there. The floor's reponse to my questions about it have been shrug shoulders and call names for 100NL.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

October 2nd

Otter, Greektown hasn't had a 5/10NL the past few times I've been there. The floor's reponse to my questions about it have been shrug shoulders and call names for 100NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, when I played there, the standard response was to turn around and walk away.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:06 AM

sounds about right
Old 08-17-2007, 07:07 AM

OTTER - have you been to MCity recently? Haven't been in over half year....How is it and what has changed?

Are the regular 5/10NL players still the same?

-TheMan
Old 08-17-2007, 01:59 PM

Yes I've been there recently. They relocated the poker room to the bottom floor. It's a lot nicer, but has 2 less tables than the old room.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:44 AM

Default 15-30 at MC

FWIW, the $15-30 run about 3-4 days a week nowadays at MC.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I've been there recently. They relocated the poker room to the bottom floor. It's a lot nicer, but has 2 less tables than the old room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really??? So is the entire bottom floor just poker now? ...The $15-30? You mean limit right? I thought $5-10 was the highest NL games being spread.

What about the general crowd? Still 75% regulars?...Or are there more tourists and visitors these days? Who are the better players there?

-TheMan
Old 08-20-2007, 02:42 PM

I rarely play limit and I don't like commenting on other players, but you should be able to figure it out. No, the entire floor isn't poker now. They expanded and knocked a wall or two out and added 12 tables. Hopefully they'll expand even more, although no one has confirmed what I heard originally.

Yes, 15-30 is limit. It may even run today and runs tu/sat. When it rains people love to gamble! There are a LOT more Greektown players than there were when it was upstairs, but I don't think many tourists come here.