Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Sammy Farha on HSP

My friend is convinced that Sammy Farha is one of the best NL Hold'em players in the world and that he is just bored with the stakes presented to him on HSP. He believes that Farha playing in this game is equivalent to a player rolled for NL 600 playing 10/25 cent. He backs this up with Farha routinely calling 3 bets preflop with any two cards just so he can see a flop and that leading to trouble throughout the rest of the hand...that if it was real stakes Farha would be smarter preflop and that would lead him to situations where he could display his postflop skills, which my friend believes are world class.

Anybody believe that boredom is the reason Farha is losing and if this was 2k/4k NL he'd dominate?

When I challenged my friend for A) why he plays on this show he said it was to get on TV...and when I said why do you want to be shown playing awful on TV his response was a mixture of boredom of the stakes and advertising for it in the Big Game and other live cash games.

My friend believes that if Sammy didn't have that big 4 million win or whatever it was in Las Vegas his previous trip we'd see a much different and a very dominant Farha.