Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Did anyone else play at the Caesars 100K freeroll?

here was the promotion-- play 60 hrs in live games and play in a 100K + Main Event seat. it was advertised as 5K starting chips with 40 min blinds (same as their normal tourney)

this all ended up being false advertising b/c it was 20 min blinds and it was a utter crapshoot.

there were 330+ players and i swear they were in the money within 3.5 hrs (top 27)

after hr 1, they were dropping like flies. i made it past hr 2 and lost JJ to KJ but i just hope the wynn freeroll is run better.

i heard ALOT of complaints...obviously not from the top 27 or 1st place who took 38K and a seat to the main event but still it was a utter crapshoot IMO.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Did anyone else play at the Caesars 100K freeroll?

dude it's a freeroll... you get what you paid for
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 AM

Many people were upset.

They advertised a certain structure, and people spent the 60 hours playing because of the structure advertised. People from out of town made the extra effort and expense to play this. 320 of the 337 qualifiers actually showed up.

I can deal with change, it happens, but they over did this. If they have to shorten the tournament due to huge response, OK, but this was ridiculous.

After 60 min of play, the blinds will are (200-400 25a) to start level 4.(5k starting chips)
-The advertised structure would have still had 20 min left of the 50-100 blinds at level 2.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They advertised a certain structure, and people spent the 60 hours playing because of the structure advertised. People from out of town made the extra effort and expense to play this. 320 of the 337 qualifiers actually showed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very off base. People played this because of the 100K advertised prize pool, not because of a tournament structure. People aren't going to Stations because of their great tournament structure for the freeroll (which it sucks), they go for the prize pool only.

And yes, the structure for the Caesars tournament was unfairly changed just to make it go faster. But unfortunately management reserves all rights to make changes as they see fit.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i heard ALOT of complaints...obviously not from the top 27 or 1st place who took 38K and a seat to the main event but still it was a utter crapshoot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a terrible structure from the third level on. I usually had an above average stack. Yet, my M was between 3 and 9 from level three all the way to the end.

First place was actually $32,000 and the seat. When it got to three-handed, a deal was made and the chip leader took $25,000 and the seat.

That player was me. I'll put the $25,000 to good use. But, the seat got wasted. My KK ran into AA and I busted out on Day 1A

[ QUOTE ]
dude it's a freeroll... you get what you paid for

[/ QUOTE ]

The players paid for the prize fund. Caesars Palace didn't donate the prizes. They raked the games to create them.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:17 AM

Default FLEA-ROLLS

FLEA-roll is the correct term. Why? Because much or most of the money comes from tourists, but a few local jerkoff fleas get the money. Watch-as soon as a room starts one of these promotions, all of a sudden they have a bunch of new "regulars." Typically this means cheapskate angle shooting table captain jerkoff coffee/cigarette breath grouches. As soon as the flearoll is over, they're gone. Terrible promotions these flearolls make.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: FLEA-ROLLS

/\ - You've just described every single Luxor Tuesday freeroller.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: FLEA-ROLLS

[ QUOTE ]
FLEA-roll is the correct term. Why? Because much or most of the money comes from tourists, but a few local jerkoff fleas get the money. Watch-as soon as a room starts one of these promotions, all of a sudden they have a bunch of new "regulars." Typically this means cheapskate angle shooting table captain jerkoff coffee/cigarette breath grouches. As soon as the flearoll is over, they're gone. Terrible promotions these flearolls make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally disagree
Old 07-07-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very off base. People played this because of the 100K advertised prize pool, not because of a tournament structure. People aren't going to Stations because of their great tournament structure for the freeroll (which it sucks), they go for the prize pool only.

And yes, the structure for the Caesars tournament was unfairly changed just to make it go faster. But unfortunately management reserves all rights to make changes as they see fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

yesterday I played the first round of the freeroll at the Monte Carlo. You want great structure how is this level four was $200-$400 blinds. Level 5 was $300-$600 blinds with $100 Ante.

I don't complain because I didn't expect anything else, but I really don't understand how they created this structure. I would have used a more standard structure and just shortened the length of the rounds to speed it up. We had 25 minute rounds while I was expecting 10 or 15 minutes.