Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Dene Tribe\'s Poker Tournament Evaluation System is a Rip-Off

I like where Dene Tribe says "you may have already seen complicated systems" for evaluating poker tournament structures, as if there are lots of these types of tournament speed evaluation systems out there. As if there's no sense in crediting any individual author of such a system.

For the record, I developed the first such system and published it in my book, The Poker Tournament Formula, and to my knowledge no other book has yet been published with any similar evaluation system.

I've also published numerous articles on the importance of tournament structure on optimal strategy and skill requirements. The latest of these was "True M" versus Harrington's M: Critical Flaws in Harrington's M Theory, And Why Tournament Structure Matters.

Tribe's system is nothing more than a watered-down version of my "patience factor" method and the "skill level" system in my book. There is absolutely nothing original in his method.

If Mason Malmuth is the editor of the 2+2 mag, I consider his failure to cite my work a blatant rip-off.

I suppose we can expect a new 2+2 tournament book any time now with their "discoveries" about how tournament speed defines skill level and affects strategy, of course without crediting my work.