5. Masturbation - 1min to 1hr quick fix

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf
Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: BBV\'s best hangover cures

drink pomengrate juice
Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 PM

why don't you purify yourself in the waters of lake minnetonka?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
live in Canada, and have absolutely perfected not getting a hangover. I mean drink until you're on the brink of blacking out, and feel fine the next day.

Step 1: drink your ass off

Step 2: massive poutine. For those who don't know, a poutine is a big plate of fries with melted cheese and gravy. It has the ability of absording every single drop of alcohol in you.

Step 3: before bed, half a 500ml gatorade and 2 advil

Step 4: as you wake up to pee, more gatorade, 2 more advil

Step 5: wake up, feel fine. Prolly not the best poo from the poutine

ship it please

[/ QUOTE ]

poutine rules and everything but this sounds like a lot of hassle. what if you're somewhere else and don't have gatorade and advil lying around.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
live in Canada, and have absolutely perfected not getting a hangover. I mean drink until you're on the brink of blacking out, and feel fine the next day.

Step 1: drink your ass off

Step 2: massive poutine. For those who don't know, a poutine is a big plate of fries with melted cheese and gravy. It has the ability of absording every single drop of alcohol in you.

Step 3: before bed, half a 500ml gatorade and 2 advil

Step 4: as you wake up to pee, more gatorade, 2 more advil

Step 5: wake up, feel fine. Prolly not the best poo from the poutine

ship it please

[/ QUOTE ]

poutine rules and everything but this sounds like a lot of hassle. what if you're somewhere else and don't have gatorade and advil lying around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm organized to the point of probably being a little anal about it. I go to vegas twice a year for binging, and beside my dead before I leave I've got the advil and gatorade already waiting. Sadly I have to substitute the poutine for a greasy breakfast (the place inside Bills ain't bad).
Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 PM

I think he was asking for cures rather than preventative medicine in which case obv food/water before sleep is key.

I used to have much worse hangovers when i was younger than I do now. From ages 15-18 I pretty much could not hold down food for the whole next day; threw up everything I ate. I am now 21 and deal with hangovers much better although I blackout easier and can't chug hard alcohol like I used to be able to. I think it is prolly a bell curve. Early years hangovers are terrible but then tolerance builds and the body can handle it better. After this the liver begins to sustain damage to the point that hangovers get worse again.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 PM

I used to fill a nalgene with ice water, tons of powdered gatorade, 3-4 shots vodka and one of those emergen-C vitamin packet thingies, every single morning. Pound that and I'd feel steady enough to eat something. If I didnt have all that, a few straight shots and water would do. I've also resorted to the orphan drinks left over from the night. Scrambled eggs or fast food, cold beer and vicodin/other pharmies for breakfast and good to go.
Other than more booze/other drugs, really the only thing u can do for a hangover is hydrate and suck it up, eating something fatty/greasy helps if u do it pre-binge.
maybe I'll do a "ask me about rehab" thread sometime.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he was asking for cures rather than preventative medicine in which case obv food/water before sleep is key.

I used to have much worse hangovers when i was younger than I do now. From ages 15-18 I pretty much could not hold down food for the whole next day; threw up everything I ate. I am now 21 and deal with hangovers much better although I blackout easier and can't chug hard alcohol like I used to be able to. I think it is prolly a bell curve. Early years hangovers are terrible but then tolerance builds and the body can handle it better. After this the liver begins to sustain damage to the point that hangovers get worse again.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah well the advil+gatorade is key to the next day recovery. You need to rehydrate and get all the salts back also. Then you need to eat to help your stomach. Voila.