Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Small things to make the world better

Turn your cell phone off in movie theaters, meetings, shows, class, lectures, and church.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:59 PM

When driving on an empty road and about to turn indicate if there's a pedestrian looking to cross, this esp. applies in england if you are turning off an empty roundabout from the inside lane.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:51 AM

Going into or out of a business with double doors keep right. People can enter and leave at the same time rather than all people trying to use one side and then trying to be polite by letting the other people go first, which causes them to say go ahead and a debate ensues over who gets to unclog the door first. It really should not take 5 minutes of confusion to enter or exit when there are double doors.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't discard cigarette buds on the sidewalk. Empty the cherry and place it in your pocket if you're a [censored] smoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what I do

[/ QUOTE ]

When I still smoked cigs I used to carry around one of these

(only mine wasn't gay looking)
Old 10-27-2007, 01:05 AM

If you see someone and you genuinely like something they're wearing or they look particularly good that day, tell them. Doesn't matter if it's your girlfriend, your grandma or your roomate. A genuine compliment out of the blue makes people feel great, even if it's about something completely unimportant.

Also,

3. "Please"
4. "Thank you"
Old 10-27-2007, 01:48 AM

when driving past us old foks going just the speed limit stop giving us the finger as you will one day be getting it.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 AM

Wow, if all people did most of these, my life would be so much less stressful.

-If you're going to spit outside, don't spit on the sidewalk. Spit in the grass, or on the road.

Another, which is a personal pet peeve, don't walk through the grass to make a shortcut when the sidewalk leads around. That probably doesn't belong in this thread, but my point is that over time, it wears down the grass and then you have a long line of dirt, which looks horrible.

Also, don't smoke right next to a doorway to a public place/class building, etc. Us non-smokers have to walk through there and don't enjoy smelling smoke. I usually hold my breath as I walk past them because it bothers me that much!

Don't rev your engine when you pass a girl. It's loud and annoying, and the girls don't think you're "cool."
Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM

When you reach the top or bottom of an escalator, keep on moving. Don't just stand there causing a log jam of people with no where to go.

Similarly, when going through a door way,keep on moving. If you're confused as to where to go, make your decision before you go through the door.

When you're waiting in line to purchase something, have your cash or card ready before you get to the register. If you still write checks, prewrite it and have the necessary ID ready.

One person at a time through revolving doors.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:16 AM

Ray Zee,

We only give wrinkled people the finger when they driving in the left lane, don't respond to high-beams or impede traffic.

p.s. The left lane is not a cruising lane, it's a passing lane.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray Zee,

We only give wrinkled people the finger when they driving in the left lane, don't respond to high-beams or impede traffic.

p.s. The left lane is not a cruising lane, it's a passing lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck yeah. I have a theory that most women are terrible drivers. My g/f and I drove to NYC for New Years this past year and I told her, "I bet anytime we come up to someone driving in the left lane who won't move over is either a woman or a very old man." I think I was right about 19 out of 20 times.

I drive in the left lane, but only because I'm constantly passing people. It's very rare for me to get passed. I don't care if people go slow, but if they are going to be in front of me, they need to get out of the way. I can't stand it when I'm doing 60-70mph and then someone pulls out in front of me and drives 55.