Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: P-Stars NL .01/.02 - First deposit of $25 gone in 2 days... help?

Also, your PT stats show that you've been dealt AA 5 times and are in the hole with them, and also lost a full $10 (40% of your bankroll) over the 11 times you've been dealt AK. This combined with your low win when saw showdown percentage and your comment about "ever so often lose big" makes me think that another problem you many have is overplaying big pairs. I'm guessing that if you look at some of your AA hands you will see that you called a big bet on the river with only a pair when the board and betting suggests someone had a straight or flush or set. Same thing with AK. I suspect you are either hitting top pair but then calling down on a drawey board. Or possibly you just aren't folding AK when you miss the flop?

So tightening up will help a lot. But since you are also losing on your big starting hands, that adjustment won't be enough by itself. You also have to learn to lay down aces, and TPTK when it looks like you are beat.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: P-Stars NL .01/.02 - First deposit of $25 gone in 2 days... help?

[ QUOTE ]
Play your $1 to $3, then leave the table and start over at another table.

[/ QUOTE ]