Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 PM

Default turn easy call?

$1.00/$2.00

UTG+2 ($90.00) (Hero)
CO ($18.50) new player

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( 3.25BB )
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls,

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 5.25BB )
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls,

I get only 5:1 and have 4 outs to nut str8 + posibly 3-4 outs for my OC's and still chance that villain just raise with FD, so its super easy call right?
(Sometimes I will be reverse dominated by AJ or A7s)
Old 11-21-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: turn easy call?

Your O/C outs arent clean. If you looking at the turn call from an outs perspective, you don't have the outs to continue, getting 6:1.

Edit: Yes you do. My mistake.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:44 PM

I call. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 02:46 AM

Isn't calling the flop raise a bit marginal or am I weak tight again for thinking so? If you think he's on a flush draw, raising flop for a free turn, then maybe you should donk the turn (fold to a raise). If you don't think he's on a flush draw then it looks like you won't have many outs and could fold the flop?

ETA: As played I agree that turn is a call.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:31 AM

I believe you have less than the no. of outs that you said. if villian's pushing a flush draw, a lot of your A and K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] outs are tainted. I would put the gutshot draw as 3.5 outs, and overs as 2.5 outs. That would give you 6 outs, and you need 6.67:1 to see the river to break even. Now thepot is laying you 6.25:1. So adding in that you can win one more bet on the river, maybe it's good to peel here.

Anway the villian just entered the game with only 9BB? I won't give much credit to someone who enters a game with so little bankroll.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't calling the flop raise a bit marginal or am I weak tight again for thinking so?

[/ QUOTE ]

We can't assume that villian had as beaten. His range is big on the flop, and we have no reads on him too. You have overcards , and just calling 1 more bet to the raise, in HU situation, is definitely the standard line.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:45 AM

I'm thinking that he has a J or a FD as likely holdings. He's probably not cold calling 55 or 77 PF so I consider them to be less likely. If he has a J it would be paired with at least a suited Q to cold call PF.

If he's got QJ or AJ we are drawing to runner runners and the pot is not laying us good enough odds for that. If he's raising a FD we're in better shape and could call and maybe (as I mentioned) donk turn.

I can't really see any more hands cold calling PF and raising the flop often enough but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. I've never played 1/2 and maybe people behave differently there than in .5/1 when I currently am.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:59 AM

ye I also assume that he has something like AJ or QJ but also probably JT, 99 or something like Asx. He is quite shortstaced and I would only consider outs and potentialy reverse domination I would fold but when we add that he will sometimes also raise with FD at flop that icreace my chance to succesfull drawing. At turn I also have a little hope that if he would be at FD he would just check at river UI.