Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Massive Turnover in Caesars Palace Staff?

If I ever go in there again, I'm half expecting to see DeNiro and Joe Pesci.

Other than during the WSOP, when I went in there to meet some 2+2'ers, I haven't been in there for a long time. These revelations, plus the parking garage that looks like the 'hood, make it unlikely I'll ever go back.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll just say that stealing from the tournament toke pool is a long-standing tradition in the short 2-years the new Caesars room has been opened and a focal point of some of the departures of past suits.

[/ QUOTE ]
How are they getting away with this now? Last few times I moneyed in a tourney there (which was pre-WSOP--I ain't played many tourneys after pigging out during WSOP), the TD fills out a form with your name, players card number, yours and his signature, the payout amount AND how much you're toking. I thought this was a bit odd but figured it was because of previous thefts from tourney tokes so while I despise having to write down a toke amount and have it recorded for all of history, I never complained figuring that's better than having tokes disappear. But this form means it's all auditable. You CAN'T get away with stealing from the toke pool, can you?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't really know why Mike was axed. The next fellow--yeah, he really needed to be shown the door.

While yes, they are an arm of Harrah's and yes, Harrah's is famous for screwing their people, not EVERY person they fire is fired because he knows things that might get them in trouble and force them to close hundreds of hotel rooms for weeks and is making waves about it and refuses to go away silently. Sometimes they get it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember Mike. He was a pit guy, but learned poker quickly. He really cared about his staff and the players.

I thought he resigned.

Where is he now???
Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't really know why Mike was axed. The next fellow--yeah, he really needed to be shown the door.

While yes, they are an arm of Harrah's and yes, Harrah's is famous for screwing their people, not EVERY person they fire is fired because he knows things that might get them in trouble and force them to close hundreds of hotel rooms for weeks and is making waves about it and refuses to go away silently. Sometimes they get it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember Mike. He was a pit guy, but learned poker quickly. He really cared about his staff and the players.

I thought he resigned.

Where is he now???

[/ QUOTE ]
Last I ran into him, MGM.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he resigned.

Where is he now???

[/ QUOTE ]
Last I ran into him, MGM.

[/ QUOTE ]

One problem Mike had was that in order to get the room he had to tell them all sorts of stories about how successful the room was going to be, and how they were going to get the bigger games from Bellagio (he even started believing this--he used to tell me this stuff).

Of course the room never had a chance to be as successful as he claimed, the bigger games weren't going to leave Bellagio.

So Mike never had a chance because the only way to get the room was to promise something he couldn't deliver. If he didn't promise it they would have simply found someone who did.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM

couldn't believe how dead caesars room was last friday night, only 2 2/5 nl games going at 1am
Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 PM

Mikes problem was he did a favor for someone at the B and let their dealers deal the "NBC heads up" and when asked by his boss why there were B dealers at Caesars he told him that NBC pick them, when his boss asked NBC about it they told him that was Mikes doing. So after that he was outa there
Old 11-15-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The GoofyBaller part doesn't make sense... since Chris was, last I knew, still the Shift Manager on swing during the WSOP, and last time I went to Caesars (a week or two ago), he was still there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The part I talked about was during or shortly after the WSOP. I haven't been back to Vegas since. The timing of our conversation at MGM was such that his split had to have just happened, so it looks like he went back after a temporary spat.

Forgot to mention, he also gave us his cell # so we could call him if we wanted to get something going. Def an A+ poker room manager.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not EVERY person they fire is fired because he knows things that might get them in trouble and force them to close hundreds of hotel rooms for weeks and is making waves about it and refuses to go away silently. Sometimes they get it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh what?

TT - Which Chris?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Tessitore, GoofyBaller was talking about him earlier in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The GoofyBaller part doesn't make sense... since Chris was, last I knew, still the Shift Manager on swing during the WSOP, and last time I went to Caesars (a week or two ago), he was still there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris left Caesar's, he is in China now. He emailed me to give an update.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mikes problem was he did a favor for someone at the B

[/ QUOTE ]
This illustrates one of the problems with the various "why was so-and-so fired" threads. We have two folks who think they know the definitive version and it's totally different. But at least he's only being accused (so far) of probably bad judgement; nobody is accusing him of fiscal malfeasance.