MP2: 7,818
CO: 5,145
Hero (BTN): 10,461
SB: 5,720
BB: 12,779
UTG: 10,115
UTG+1: 4,862
MP1: 14,128

Pre-Flop: (650) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls 300, 4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 1,200</font>, SB calls 1,050, 2 folds

Flop: (3,200) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets 1,200</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 2,400</font>, Hero folds

Results: 5,600 Pot
SB mucked and WON 5,625 (+3,200 NET)

Is this good? should I not cont bet here? more/less?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: TT, hero tries to not be a spew monkey

what hands call the raise but can't face a c-bet here?mmm not many. i think your bet siZE WAS good. but i may have checked behind. 1 over i'll always bet . 2overs im a bit more cautious depending on situation.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 PM

I would check behind here take a free turn and see what he does. Check behind not to give up, but to control pot size and because you're basically only getting called by better hands. If he bets out on turn (depending on size of his bet) you can call and decide what to do on river with some more info...

Also I think if you're going to Cbet it has to be bigger, this looks very weak and it cost him nothing to push you off.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 PM

Showuthexit, I agree with you about checking behind being the optimal play. Even if the other player flat calls the flop bet, you really gain no information about his hand and are faced with a tougher decision for a bigger pot on the turn. I could see the rationale for the flop bet being something like: it's a small feeler bet to see if he connected in any way. But you'd get this info for free on the turn as you're in position and its very possible you're beat so it's not like your plan for the hand is to bloat the pot on every street. On another note, I'm a big fan of avoiding big pots without big hands and for that I really like the size of the OP's cbet; it just wasn't the right situation. best of luck,
rawsome
Old 10-22-2007, 11:41 PM

c-bet isn't terrible here, I like it, amount may be suspect. SB is calling lots of hands here, esp. the raise coming from the button. He's calling any pocket pair, prob. A8 or better, some suited connectors even. Check is fine too but I'd stagger my play in these situations.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:50 AM

I am check folding this, what do you think SB is calling with preflop that didn't have a good oppurtuinity to hit that flop. Not too mention, even people at the small stakes are expecting c-bets, for the observant opponent, this could be a good pot for a c/r. I am hardly ever, if ever c-betting this hand.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:56 AM

I think your line is just fine,lots of hands that he could call w pre that he'll now fold. Not cbetting,also fine imo. You are in pos,nothing wrong with taking a free card.

Don't think there's a blueprint on how to play here,personally I sometimes bet,sometimes not.No idea what is more profitable though.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:58 AM

Def. check behind, you're gonna get check raised a large percent of the time on a flop like this.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Def. check behind, you're gonna get check raised a large percent of the time on a flop like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm that's a good point,didn't think of that even tho I do it myself all the time... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Pretty sure villain has something here tho,doubt if he'd put in half his stack with air in this situation....but yea,guess checking is the right play