Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Foxwoods 5/10 LHE

I am a regular at the 4/8 game. Usually a LP game with 4-6 to the flop. Lots of chasers.

How is the 5/10 game at foxwoods during the week? I am planning on a trip this Friday. I will be arriving somewhere around 9am and leaving somewhere around 9pm.
I may take a shot at this. Any help from the regulars at the this game would be helpful.

Peace,
Mygtar
Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods 5/10 LHE

It's a good game. I play this and 10/20. Slightly more aggressive than 4/8 I would guess, but it's still a pretty easy game. The kill pots are nice too because people play them strangely because they feel like it's soooo much money. I've been at a 5/10 table where I would be the only one who would want it to be a kill pot. Everybody else groaned and moaned about it.

Edit: There are some "regulars" at this game, but most are not that good, varying on being too tight, or being slightly too loose/passive.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Thanks and of course I have more questions. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

How does the kill work? I.E. triggers, posting of killer, etc. Do people freeze up on the kill instead of playing the odds? Generally do the kill pots get more or less aggressive than non-kill pots?

Thanks again and see you at the 'Woods,
Mygtar
Old 07-30-2007, 01:30 PM

Kill is initiated by a single winner of a pot of at least $100. Killer posts a blind of $10 for the next hand and acts in turn.

Game only reverts back to 5/10 after a pot of less than $100 or a split pot of any amount.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Kurn is right. The kill thing is different based on the table. Some tables the kill gets hit 6 times in a row, some tables it goes 1 and then the kill raises and everybody folds. The later during the day, the more it tends towards the former.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kurn is right. The kill thing is different based on the table. Some tables the kill gets hit 6 times in a row, some tables it goes 1 and then the kill raises and everybody folds. The later during the day, the more it tends towards the former.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point for the OP. If the game is good, he should be aware that the game will play closer to 10/20 than 5/10. If the table is such that there are rarely kill pots, he's be better served to play 4/8.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM

Kurn 100% correct...
Old 07-30-2007, 05:54 PM

The game is played a little tighter and a bit more aggressive than 4/8. But overall it is still very passive and somewhat loose. I play 10/20 normally and I am always shocked how much more passive the 5/10 plays. There will be several regulars on a Friday especially at 9am but the later it gets the looser it gets in general. When the game is playing ultra-tight/nitty you would be better served playing 4/8. When it is playing 7 to a flop in kill pots it turns into a game of seven card showdown. Definitely give the game a shot if you consitently are beating 4/8 or if you just want to join in the red bird fun. Good Luck
Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a regular at the 4/8 game. Usually a LP game with 4-6 to the flop. Lots of chasers.

How is the 5/10 game at foxwoods during the week? I am planning on a trip this Friday. I will be arriving somewhere around 9am and leaving somewhere around 9pm.
I may take a shot at this. Any help from the regulars at the this game would be helpful.

Peace,
Mygtar

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i was a 4/8 regular at foxwoods and built my roll 2yrs ago. i skipped the 5/10kill and went to 10/20. if you can beat the loose 4/8 game for a good bb/hr rate, i'd skip this game and find a soft 10-20, unless the game is a kill pot every other hand. gl
Old 07-30-2007, 06:18 PM

I am not sure Friday AM is a good time to find a soft 10/20 game. If you are lucky there will be a game that lasted all night and that could be juicy, otherwise at 9am the 10/20 table will consist of at least 7 nitty weekday regulars. I could probably name/describe the field right now to 80% accuracy. Jumping into that game directly from 4/8 would be way -ev unless you plan on running Goooooot.