Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: The Mist

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I already wrote this movie off as crap. I had no I idea it was a King novel. I will prolly see it/steal it when it comes out. Before this thread, I thought it was simply the movie that fills the gap between "The Fog" and "The Drizzle"

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually a long short story [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] or novella or whatever...the first "chapter" of Skeleton Crew.

That collection also contained "The Raft", which was pretty good, but got poor treatment in Creepshow II. I thought "Survivor Type" would have made an excellent short flick (like 1 hr) but what do I know...
Old 11-02-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I already wrote this movie off as crap. I had no I idea it was a King novel. I will prolly see it/steal it when it comes out. Before this thread, I thought it was simply the movie that fills the gap between "The Fog" and "The Drizzle"

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you mean the fume?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:55 PM

milo youre talking 66% truth and 33% false, stand by me is one of the best movies ever made
Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 PM

shawshank redemption wasn't bad either
Old 11-02-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
milo youre talking 66% truth and 33% false, stand by me is one of the best movies ever made

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the point. The less King's name is trumpeted about, the better the movie tends to be. Look at the posters again.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the point. The less King's name is trumpeted about, the better the movie tends to be. Look at the posters again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my fault sorry and that actually is true. Milo, sorry for my gibberish nonsense and well noticed.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 AM

Maximum Overdrive is [censored] hilarious.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maximum Overdrive is [censored] hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

God help me, I paid money to see that in the theater. Firestarter, too. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having never read the book this trailer is not very interesting. However I trust everyone's opinion on the book and may check out the movie.

I agree with the person that said the best Stephen King movies are the ones that are not touted as Stephen King movies. Can we include "The Shining"? Wasn't it made before anyone knew who King was?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Stephen King's fame at the time; but from what I've heard the film deviates significantly from the plot and tone of the book. Its more Kubrick than King.

I've consistently heard it listed on the short list of films that are better than the book.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:12 AM

This movie will be a huuuuge letdown if it isn't very good, for me. I loved the novel. I love Thomas Jane. I love Darabont's other King movies. It just...it's a wonderful wonderful short story with great atmosphere. I think it will be great.

I am not thrilled with the casting of the "romantic interest" or whatever. She is not that attractive to me.

And yeah, Norton and the actor playing him don't exactly ring synonymous to me. I'll give it a whirl though.