Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Antonio The Magician .... which is the measure of the man ?

[ QUOTE ]
"A bad poker tips site" lol....Do you know where I even got the idea...Concept No.20 of NLHE written by David Sklansky and Ed Miller. Go to the bookstore and buy a copy.

[/ QUOTE ]So I was right, you were just quoting something you've read but don't fully understand in a very patronising way. I've got that book and it's not one of Sklanksy's best.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read about 1/3 or 1/2 of the discussion.
I love all the people who write:
"Antonio sucks, bla bla"
You have no [censored] idea how good/bad he is (at least most of you), you've never played against him.
He gambles a lot (the hand against DB on the last season), and i think nobody stacked him...

Instapushing with the 3rd nut flush 400BB deep, lol you freaking idiots...
Why dont you go in the game? I mean all you need is 500k, you can borrow it, since you'll double up within 3minutes. You'll sit there, playing your A game, reading everyone correct, although they show a lot of strength and confidence. It's easy i know, i just dont have the balls to do it, but i am sure you do...

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't mean it wasn't painful to see that douche win the pot

i'm praying he gets his in the next episode v antonious
Old 11-07-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"A bad poker tips site" lol....Do you know where I even got the idea...Concept No.20 of NLHE written by David Sklansky and Ed Miller. Go to the bookstore and buy a copy.

[/ QUOTE ]So I was right, you were just quoting something you've read but don't fully understand in a very patronising way. I've got that book and it's not one of Sklanksy's best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully understand what it meant and I do it all the time to mix up my play and surprise my opponents. It works quite well and they never expect it. BTW its a great book.

If you can't understand that limping with Aces can sometimes be a good play then you're an idiot and I'm done trying to convince you otherwise. Go post in the poker theory section, saying that limping with Aces is always a bad play and see what happens.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:59 PM

btw Antonio comments on his AA hand on his blog
Old 11-07-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw Antonio comments on his AA hand on his blog

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:22 PM

www.alwaysbluff.com

go to blogs
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
A) Limping AA early in that game is optimal.

B) Doyle's fold is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I obviously don`t play that high, but I lost a almost identical hand 700bb deep 1/2NL live. I had Ten high flush vs Q high flush. Live deepstack plays so different then online.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:51 PM

I don't understand his reason for not raising the flop. But given his action, turn and river are fine.

I like a flop raise, check behind turn, call or bet river. Essentially the same size pot but less chance someone overcalls flop with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully understand what it meant and I do it all the time to mix up my play and surprise my opponents. It works quite well and they never expect it. BTW its a great book.

If you can't understand that limping with Aces can sometimes be a good play then you're an idiot and I'm done trying to convince you otherwise. Go post in the poker theory section, saying that limping with Aces is always a bad play and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ] Judging from some of your posts I really don't think you do fully understand it. Two weeks ago you'd played like 7000 hands so you have had aces like 30 times, mostly at nl10 and nl25, you don't need to surprise your opponents there most of them are retarded anyway, congratulations for winning with aces. Are you still only raising tens and higher? I'm sure you mix up your play so much you're impossible to read, I mean if you're always limping no-one knows when you have a monster right?

The bolded bit is the kind of patronising stuff I'm talking about, when did I say that limping with aces is always a bad play, why do you keep putting words in my mouth?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:40 PM

Of course, raising aces also has certain advantages, occasionally you will be lucky enough to get someone calling an all in with jack nine suited. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=12658174
Obviously tough to put him on aces because he didn't limp but he mixed up his play and surprised you. Guess you're mixing up your play here too, this way it's going to be really tough to put you on a hand when you call an all in.