Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: stars 1/2 - straight out of position - check raise or bet out?

gobbledy, no offense meant, but you don't play online. 1/2 online is worlds different (aggressive, for one thing) from 2/4 live.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 PM

I thought MP1 raised PF, not MP2. That said, I probably just donk the flop and go from there. Either way, MP1 is probably not folding since he's really loose.

I think slowplaying this flop is pretty bad. It's coordinated and has an A. You'll get action.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gobbledy, no offense meant, but you don't play online. 1/2 online is worlds different (aggressive, for one thing) from 2/4 live.

[/ QUOTE ]

None taken. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Is this in reference to defending blinds? I hardly think it's worthwhile to attempt this in live 2/4, although I will attempt to steal in the rare times an opportunity presents itself.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:27 PM

1/2 online plays like 10/20 or 20/40 live. i don't know what 2/4 live would equate to, online.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 PM

PF: I fold this to a middle or early position raise. I *might* call if it's a late position raise that is an obvious steal attempt (which this is not), BUT 54s is a -EV hand, and really, it's only good multi-handed so that when you hit you are getting paid off.

It this situation, fold PF. (note: I do not play online, only live in high-rake LA)

Flop: Bet/CALL if raised. The reason for the call is that it sets up a C/R on the turn.

However, I do like to see two small bets going in here in the flop, so check raise is a possibility, though I personally like to CR the turn when oop. If you bet here, and are only called, then you need to lead the turn. So I prefer to bet and hop I get raised, then call and CR turn.

Turn: As played, good. Of course, if you check flop and it checks through, lead turn, and if you bet flop and were only called, lead turn.

River: Bet/3bet. No way anyone has a full house or they would have 3 bet their set or aces up on the turn I think. Ram and jam, man!

AB
Old 11-10-2007, 01:25 AM

In all seriousness, 2/4 live is probably like play money or 2 cent/4 cent on Pstars.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C/R the flop and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would we attempt to check/raise this flop? First, with raisers wide range of raising hands there's a good chance he's whiffed this flop and will let it check thru. Second, why do we want to face MP1 with 2 cold and potentially blow him out of the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

In online, in a 3-way pot with the preflop aggressor the last one to act after it's checked to him on an Ace-high flop that he can represent TP on I'm pretty sure he'll c-bet this almost always.

That said I agree that donking the flop is the better option, as suggested by many responses.

And I'd like to add that it's important to pump the pot on the flop also because a 5, 4 or diamond could kill the action from an Ace.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:28 AM

[white]white[/white]
Old 11-10-2007, 08:38 AM

B/C flop, so that you can c/r turn.

I dont like a flop c/r because Aces put you on two pair or set and you lose action on the big streets.

C/R turn.

B/C river.